Improve turning

• Thread starter Chaoz
  • 17 comments
I don't really know, from time to time the car handles like a MR machine and sometimes after about 3 laps, the car doesn't turn at all. I need to use the handbrake then.
It's really bothering me because when I do a 5 lap race, I stay first just untill like the last turn, and then I can't turn anymore, and if I use the handbrake, it starts spinning very very easy (on weared off tires).
I know that I can change the differentials but that does more bad then good.

BTW: gotta say I love this board y'all r cool ppl

If the car doesn't turn as sharply as you want it to, you can do plenty of things to help.

1. Turn off ASM by setting it to level 0. ASM makes it very difficult to spin out of control, but it operates by introducing lots of understeer. This adjustment may make it easier to spin out with your car.
2.Set the front downforce high and set the rear downforce low. If the difference between these changes is too great, your car will spin out more easily.
3.Set the front break balance low and set the rear high. This only affects steering during braking, though....and yes, it will make your car more susceptable to spinning out of control while breaking.
4.In rare situations, if your car is extremely fast like the Suzuki Escudo tuned to 1,790 hp, the understeer may be primarily due to the fact that there's too much power pushing it forward for the tires to be able to steer in any direction at all! In this case, try to reduce the hp by equipping a lower stage turbine kit or NA tune.

If your car spins out too easily, try one of these adjustments.

1. Turn on ASM if it's off, otherwise, try increasing it's level.
2. Set the front downforce low and set the rear downforce high. Be careful not to set it very high or you might introduce too much understeer.
3. Set the camber low and the rear high. This adjustment may also introduce too much understeer if you set it very high.
4. Set the front brake high and set the rear brake low. This will cause some understeer, but only when you're braking.

Hope that helps.

Josh, I love you man. It's the first time I understand what all those settings are for. In GT2 I messed around with it but i couldn't really link the behaviour of my cars with the settings I did.
Can't wait to get home from work and race all night (shouldn't be doin it , but hey, I'm kinda addicted)
Thx

Put some positive toe angle in the rear, this will help get you into corners a little easier. But go too far, and this will also cause you to spin out.

Another way of making your car turn better is to make it not slide as much. You can do this by raising the spring rate front and back, but keep the front a little higher than the rear, so the rear will slide just a bit more than the front.

A good combo of shocks is 10/8 bound, 10/8 rebound for race cars, and 9/7 9/7 for street cars. This helps the rear come out a little easier as well.

Add all this up together, and you can have one sweet handling beast. ;)

Be warned if you use a DS2 like I do, and not a wheel (due to wheel being able to have fine steering, DS2 mostly is full steer, but not always). Doing this all together can make a sweet turning car, but will be unstable. Meaning a very difficult car to drive for a beginner. But I'm used to it.

It also sounds like you're on the wrong tyres. Perhaps going for a harder compound tyre (say the Super Slick) will help your tyres last the distance. And also, trying not to go so fast will help you eke more mileage from the tyres. A good way to do this is to play in bumpercam view and when you hear the slide, just back off a little. You may also find that this actually lowers your lap times as you're working with the car rather than against it. :cool:

leave shocks asm and tsc stock and try it and improve the anything that needs to.

Like before said if you spin out increase asm if you need more over steer decrease asm.

Does anyone know what wheelysettings are? I have heard people talk about it yet i have no clue what they mean by that? Could u guys explain that to me please?????

Hey, if you are running 5 lap races, the tire wear factor isn't even on. You can put super softs on your car and run the whole race with them. I have done that a couple of times, but only in series with 5 lap races on Amatuer Level.

I had superior grip the entire race. This helped out a lot. What series are you running in??

Originally posted by captainkirk
Hey, if you are running 5 lap races, the tire wear factor isn't even on. You can put super softs on your car and run the whole race with them. I have done that a couple of times, but only in series with 5 lap races on Amatuer Level.

I had superior grip the entire race. This helped out a lot. What series are you running in??

Of course tire wear is on in 5-lap races!

So do not put on soft slicks, but go for T2's or T3's. Their cheap and very durable.

And of course, get the T3's I think..... The ones right above the medium tires, that should do the trick. Find the tire that gives you the best performance about the last 3-4 laps of the race. Super slicks is not always the answer ;)

Is it me or are every other thread about making a Skyline turn? Not a criticism, just an observation. :)

Tip 1: Don't start tuning at 900bhp.

Back