Is it just me or are the curbs and AstroTurf too slippery(dry) and the AstroTurf to bumpy???

Is it just me or are the curbs and AstroTurf too slippery(dry) and the AstroTurf to bumpy???

• Yes

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Curbs are fine, AstroTurf too bumpy

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • AstroTurf is fine, Curbs too slippery

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Canada
Edmonton,AB
mysteryperson03
I feel that maybe there is an issue in the recreation of these two surfaces. I personally have not driven over either surface in reality so correct me if I'm wrong.

Attachments

• Red-Bull-Austrian-GP-practice-Ricciardo.jpg
    Red-Bull-Austrian-GP-practice-Ricciardo.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 14
In the dry, curbs generally have more grip than tarmac, drivers often use them to help their cars turn (if your car is oversteery then they can spin you out). I remember many a commentator making this point. They were fine in GT6 until the 1.09 update when PD decided to "improve" them.

I personally dont have a problem with either infact im still using the strips to my advantage regardless to the fact all my cars oversteer alot and are rather twitchy.

Only place i seem to have a problem is redbull ring on the green run off bits .. them things are deadly for spinning out on.

Nope, not at all. Don't expect your car in gt6 to stick to surfaces like a modern F1 car. Let alone a chassis put together by newey haha.

I can't say I've driven on AstroTurf, but I've marched on it and it is more slippery than tarmac (stands to reason), but in no way is it as bumpy as regular old grass or dirt.

I think the those corners on this track are too easy to overshoot and still hold or even gain an advantage.

On the real track can you fly off into the corner, catch yourself, and then pass the car that took the corner correctly?

I run my room with no penalties. I was watching a F1 race last weekend and they were talking about getting all four wheels off, past the white line, and getting a penalty.

If I turn penalties on for this track will it give penalties for overshooting the corners?

If I'm correct, yes, there are penalties for going too far off of the track. I think they are measured as a certain percentage of the car being over or past the outside edges of the track.

Back