Is there any way to turn off the "network not available" message?

• Thread starter kiseca
  • 0 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Every now and then I have a rough network connection while playing GT7. This thread isn't about that problem, which is something I'm working on resolving anyway.

This thread is about the message that pops up when the network drops. It doesn't drop me from a race, it doesn't break anything, it lasts for a second or less then goes back to normal, but when it drops, if I'm on VR, it puts a huge message box right in front of me and it's like someone putting their hands in front of your eyes while you're in the middle of a race.

If I'm in cinematic mode during a pitstop and the network drops, I get a discrete little message in the bottom right corner. Same if I'm not on VR but on a flat screen. If I'm not in a race, I don't know what it does because it has never told me the network has dropped anywhere but in a race.

But when I'm in VR and it plays up, it can spoil a corner or make me have a crash.

Is there any way to surpress the message in VR so that it isn't so in my face? When I'm having a good network night it isn't a problem but when the connection is sketchy it can flash up once or twice a lap and it gets frustrating because the message box is so big and placed right in front of me. Especially when I'm not doing anything that the network is actually breaking. I still finish the race and get my results.

Anyone know how to resolve this short term while I'm sorting out the network itself?

Last edited:
Back