Is this the new Toyota Supra? Also, new NSX pics inside!

• Thread starter Pupik
  • 72 comments

Pupik

dig the bolts in my neck
Staff Emeritus
United States
Alabamamania
Is this the new Supra?

small-ic-pneumatic-1024x662.png

Known internally as the 7FDU45 by those in the know, the latest Toyota Supra is now available for all to see. Heavily-disguised examples have been spotted around the country, primarily warehouse districts. Lightweight, mid-engined, and an amazing turning radius distance itself form its peers. And that diesel-powered engine shows that Toyota is not just serious about hybrids, but other fuel choices.

High-mounted lighting and mirrors distinguishes itself from the crowd of sports cars. Retro design cues and a "wind in the face" feeling give that sporty feeling not found in any other modern car. It also sports a front-mounted payload capacity for that bit of utility you've been missing from other so-called sporty cars.

Toyota: Moving Forward >

Last edited:
Toyota have been in the doldrums recently, but now they're just beginning to pick up.

Yep, that new Supra will certainly lift them back up to standard.

Apparently i've been driving the new Supra at work for years now. :odd:

Let me also add that its great for burnouts, and in puddles of water, it can becomes a side ways drift machine.

SRV2LOW4ME
Apparently i've been driving the new Supra at work for years now. :odd:

Let me also add that its great for burnouts, and in puddles of water, it can becomes a side ways drift machine.

I can't imagine that being very safe. :lol:

Looks like Toyota is making it as a single seater to feel more like a race car too. Command seating nice and high, plus its in the middle. Besides the utility front end, visibility looks to be pretty good.

It looks like easy access, and if you're in an accident all you have to do is jump out the big holes to either side! Cant see how the center of gravity will be any good, though

Sakiale
Cant see how the center of gravity will be any good, though

Heres a fun fact: The "new Toyota Supra" is more stable, and close to being untipplable on flat surfaces with a weight load on the forks. :dopey:

Awesome, love the racey seats. On that note,

Here is a spyshot in Nissan testing facilities of the upcoming GTR (take note those large wheels covering the large brakes)

zhhui-tj2.jpg

And here is a artists rendition of the Nismo Z tune version

top2.jpg

Did you see the pictures of the next Evo X?

f1819.jpg

The new advanced AWD system will come in handy with the snow...

(BTW: I love the Falken paint job!)

Wow, that Nismo Z tune is hot!! I want one! :drool:

But I have yet another exclusive! Spyshots of the new NSX!!!

46R_PD.jpg

To go on sale in the US as the Honda HSC-type-R, note the swoopier styling of the HSC. It is more low-slung than any of the above models, and the absence of cargo areas makes it very light. It is reported to have godlike handling, and check out the big spoiler needed to keep it on the ground above 150 mph!

Speed is reported to be 2.9 to 60 with an electric motor, and a top speed north of 180 mph.

Price is in the 80--100,000 dollar range.

It even has to have a fan on the bottom, a la Chapparral race car, to keep it glued to the ground!

Sakiale
Wow, that Nismo Z tune is hot!! I want one! :drool:

But I have yet another exclusive! Spyshots of the new NSX!!!

46R_PD.jpg

To go on sale in the US as the Honda HSC-type-R, note the swoopier styling of the HSC. It is more low-slung than any of the above models, and the absence of cargo areas makes it very light. It is reported to have godlike handling, and check out the big spoiler needed to keep it on the ground above 150 mph!

Speed is reported to be 2.9 to 60 with an electric motor, and a top speed north of 180 mph.

Price is in the 80--100,000 dollar range.

It even has to have a fan on the bottom, a la Chapparral race car, to keep it glued to the ground!
You killed it. 👎

Looking for a restoration job? How about an old Datsun 240Z?

Datsun.jpg

Can anyone speculate quartermile times and skid pad numbers on these? Also any pricing info? It looks like the Japanese sports car wars are going back to it's hayday of years past.

Master_Yoda
Holy ****! Does It Have A Vtec?

It has 3 VTEC's! The most impressive thing about it though is the spoiler, which is functional and helps the car during high speed turns.

Unless you turn beside a garden gnome, then theres a possibility of knocking over the gnome and sending it flying into the bushes. :scared:

Back