Isdera Commendatore 112i 1993

• Thread starter sleeepy
  • 8 comments
Australia
Sydney
chiwaikou
Isderas. It's probably a bit of a long fetch, but still, no harm in trying.

Albeit little known, they produced some of the most technologically innovative cars of their time. This one's the Commendatore 112i, and here are the numbers:
300 kW 6.0L Mercedes V12
1450 kg
0-100 km/h in 4.7 sec
342 km/h top speed
6 speed MT with gullwing doors, electronically adjustable chassis and one of the earlier instances of automatically lifting air brakes. It was first featured in the 1997 game Need For Speed II.

The 1999 revision was named the Silver Arrows C112i, had 456 kW which pushed the top speed to 370 km/h, and I suspect pushed the 0-100 down a fair bit. It's the car with silver wheels down below.

I mean just look at it. LOOK AT IT.
Is that not the most desperately good looking thing you've ever seen?
I think I need a moment to myself. Hnnnggg.
upload_2014-1-21_10-53-51.jpeg

upload_2014-1-21_10-54-10.jpeg

Isdera_Commendatore_112i_1993_12.jpg

isderacommendatore_01_700.jpg

Bad ass. Nuf said. One of the few good cars from the 90's, and boy did the cars that were good get it right.

Voted. It certainly is a gorgeous looking car. Just imagine how beautiful photos you could get. I remember it well from days of original NFS 2. Its handling was the worst but it was worth it. Good times. :)

Interior:

cmdt_6.jpg

NFS 2 gameplay of Isdera:

One of my favourite cars of all time and I sadly never had NFS2.

Been trying to find out more about it and of course the misinformation over what engine it has, the performance, whether they made two or just replaced the engine in the first one and so on. Seemingly impossible.

One thing I did find out is that it recently (as in, within the past two years at least) changed owner. It was owned by a Swiss millionaire called Albert Kloeti for many years. Seen here in this video from a while back.

He was spotted from time to time driving it near Basel in Switzerland but really not very often at all.

Someone on carpassion.de posted that they were the new owner which I can't find now but it was a recent post. Obviously on the internet you have to take it with a pinch of salt until you see some proof but back in 2005 it was for sale on eBay (didn't sell though as I think it was on offer for around £3 million) so obviously the previous owner wanted rid at some point which lends credit to the theory of a new owner now.

It was recently photographed and the pictures are here.

http://www.volmeyer.com/isdera-commendatore-112i

Wonderful photographs of an absolutely gorgeous car.

I'd love it if PD got in touch with this photographer to find out who owns it and get it in the game but I'd imagine we have more chance of seeing one of Kaz's ***** being digitally modelled and put in wearing a Porsche badge.

Back