• 6 comments
Uruguay
Rivera
Tsukishima-TDUDT
hdEWAqo.png
Isdera Silver Arrow C112i '99
hdEWAqo.png

front.png

ISDERA or Ingenieurbüro für Styling, DEsign und RAcing (Engineering company for Styling, Design and Racing) is a privately run automaker based in a small workshop in Hildesheim, Germany. The company was formerly based in Leonberg, Germany. Each high-performance sports car is hand-built by a small team of craftsmen, and the only way to purchase an Isdera is to call the CEO directly.

The Commendatore is the final product of ex-Porsche designer Eberhard Schulz and his two sons. It was completed as a pre-production prototype which was to be followed by a limited series with a unit cost of $450 000 USD. Unfortunately, before any production Commendatores were made, Isdera went bankrupt and the remainder of the company was sold to Swiss interests. This left the sole prototype for the world and, since Schulz was particularly experienced at creating advanced prototypes, it was finished as a fully drivable and roadworthy machine. The Commendatore had many advanced and unique features such as two sets of gullwing doors and a velocity-sensitive electronic chassis that lowers the car at high speeds

In 1999, Isdera produced a fully functional prototype called the Silver Arrow C112i. The vehicle shared the same body and chassis as the Commendatore 112i, but was powered by a Mercedes-Benz, 611 hp V12. The car's top speed was recorded at 370 km/h. At the time of its introduction, the Silver Arrow was the only car in the world to feature an automatically lifting airbrake.

Specs:
silver.png

rear.png

quarter rear.png

1993_Isdera_Commendatore112i9.jpg

Loved the Commendatore in NFS II, definitely one of my favorite supercars ever built and a shining example of why the '90s will always be my favorite era of automotive design. Sadly, Isdera hasn't done much of anything in decades, practically since this car. They probably don't even exist to gather legal rights from at this point. It's so rare though, and so unique, it's practically begging to be in a game.

Good old NFS games were cool because they had obscure supercars like the Isdera Commendatore and Italdesign Cala, seeing these cars being featured in modern game would be awesome.

The car looks lovely in these pictures.

Back