Jaguar to make 9 new XKSS replicas from scratch.

United States
Missouri
RoLnD79
Jaguar announced that they are making 9 new XKSS replicas that will sell for $1.4 million dollars each and be delivered next year. 5 have already been sold.

There is also a cool link in there to an article about Steve Mcqueen's 30 million dollar original XKSS, one of only 12 existing originals:

Jaguar to make $1.4M replica of 1950s racecar

http://usat.ly/1MlhRfY

Last edited:
There was a bit of controversy about Jaguar doing these kind of projects when they did the 'new' Superlights a while back. Are they considered vintage? are they considered original? The people in classic car circles were pretty unhappy about these new old cars.

There was a bit of controversy about Jaguar doing these kind of projects when they did the 'new' Superlights a while back. Are they considered vintage? are they considered original? The people in classic car circles were pretty unhappy about these new old cars.
I guess they are considered "original" replicas? If you have that kind of extra money laying around, it's probably a good investment. Since there's only 12 original ones left, and they are only making 9 replicas, I'm sure the value on them is just going to go up and up.

The fiber bodied kit cars you can buy start at £40k and the aluminum kit cars are £80k. Those aren't made by jaguar.

Last edited:
I guess they are considered "original" replicas? If you have that kind of extra money laying around, it's probably a good investment. Since there's only 12 original ones left, and they are only making 9 replicas, I'm sure the value on them is just going to go up and up.

The fiber bodied kit cars you can buy start at £40k and the aluminum kit cars are £80k. Those aren't made by jaguar.

Apparently the value of these original replicas isn't going to appreciate anywhere nearly as quickly or as high as the vintage stuff, also they are excluded from racing in any historic series or being inducted into any clubs. So I guess it's just for the wealthy buyer who wants to drive a newly built classic car around without caring about it being an investment or being part of the whole vintage scene.

Apparently the value of these original replicas isn't going to appreciate anywhere nearly as quickly or as high as the vintage stuff, also they are excluded from racing in any historic series or being inducted into any clubs. So I guess it's just for the wealthy buyer who wants to drive a newly built classic car around without caring about it being an investment or being part of the whole vintage scene.
They aren't even street legal. It's just for rich people who what to toy around at a track, or keep in a collection. Sure they are never going to be the price of vintage one, I don't see them going down in value ever is what I meant. 👍

Back