Jaguar XJR-15 Group C Racing Car by TWR 1991

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 5 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

StarLight Garage presents today the Group C racing version of the Jaguar XJR-15 from 1991.
Enjoy this racing beauty.

2ew2q20.jpg

The XJR-15 was based on the same central monocoque “tub” as the Tony Southgate-designed XJR-9, and the body, designed by Peter Stevens, was constructed of lightweight and advanced composite materials by TWR Special Vehicle Operations. It is constructed of lightweight composite materials including carbon fiber and Kevlar
Only 23 XJR-15 were constructed to racing specifications.

XJR-9 suspension was retained all round with fabrication wishbones and horizontally mounted pushrod spring damper units at the front coil springs at the rear. Four pot AP Racing calipers mounted to disc brakes are housed completely within the wheels to maximize width of venturi tunnels.

The Group C-specification engine, a 450 hp, six-liter all alloy, dry-sump V-12, included a Cosworth forged crankshaft, connecting rods and aluminum pistons, with fuel delivery via Zytec electronically controlled sequential fuel injection. The transmission was a TWR six-speed transaxle with straight-cut gears, matched to an AP triple-plate carbon clutch.

Walkinshaw’s work resulted in a car weighing just 2,315 pounds and endowed with awesome handling, excellent power-to-weight, race-proven reliability and a 215-mph top speed.
All this came at a price of nearly one million US dollars.

The XJR-15 is considered Jaguar’s ultimate supercar, and its athletic lines rank with those of the fabled C-Type, D-Type and XJ13 in aesthetic appeal. However, its shattering performances eclipses that of its distinguished forebears.

This particular car #4 with serial number #011, was owned and driven in the series races by Bob Wollek. Mr Wollek a well respected and accomplished driver whose record includes a 2000 Le Mans win.
After the Spa race, the car was retired from professional competition.

His race results in this car were:

Date Track Finish
5-12-91 Monaco 6th Place
7-14-91 Silverstone 2nd Place
8-25-91 Spa-Francorchamps 5th Place

Specifications:

Engine: Group C-specification V-12 engine (Cosworth forged aluminum pistons, forged crank and rods)
Aspiration: dry-sump
Power: 450 hp
Top speed: 345 km/h (215 mph)
Displacement: 5,993 cc
Fuel system:: Zytec electronically controlled sequential fuel injection
Gearbox: TWR six-speed manual gearbox transaxle
Clutch: Triple plate carbon AP clutch
Suspension: Double-wishbone four-wheel independent racing suspension
Brakes: Four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes.
Weight: 1050 kg (2,315 lbs)
Wheelbase: 2717 mm (107")

vqnxuc.jpg

2hd4ot3.jpg

352erg7.jpg

314yqma.jpg

30wqyqv.jpg

OTHER JAGUARS ARE HERE

Last edited:
Sorry, even though the XJR-15 is my favourite car ever I just cannot like this. :indiff:

I
don't like the livery and after a search through Google Images I just came to the conclusion that this car will always be better without one. :crazy:

It was never a Group C car so the title needs changing.

I think this would definitely be one of those where you have the road car, and then have a livery option so you can pick and choose whichever one you want.

Not sure if there are enough pictures for all of the liveries that raced though.

Back