Japanese servers being switched to US servers.

SuperShouden

(Banned)
SuperShouden
At least, I think that's what Kaz just tweeted:

北米でグローバルにホスティングしているGT5のオンラインサービスは今後も継続されますがgran-turismo.com/jp/は停止することになるでしょう。ポリフォニーデジタルのサーバのほとんどがシャットダウンされスタジオから灯が消えています。

(Global hosting services in North America GT5 online will be continue gran-turismo.com/jp / will be stopped. The light is gone from the studio was shut down most of Polyphony Server.)

Global hosting from North America will continue the online services of GT5. gran-turismo.com/jp/ would probably come to a halt. Most of PD's servers has been shutdown.

In the end, he says something about lights going out, but it's not clear if he's talking about the computers, or all lights.

Edit: Sounds to me like the GT5 online will continue as normal, but their website might shutdown?

Japan is doing rolling blackouts right now due to inadequate power supplies. Shutting down game servers right now makes a ton of sense to me.

Japan is doing rolling blackouts right now due to inadequate power supplies. Shutting down game servers right now makes a ton of sense to me.
What he tweeted doesn't look like he says anything about shutting down gaming servers. Like I posted, it says that GT5 online services will continue from the global servers in North America. He said "gran-turismo.com/jp/" will probably shut down. Isn't that a website?

Back