Keep getting stuck on the grid

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but not new to GT, have been plating frequently since its release. Since the last update i keep having trouble in any lobby race, getting stuck on the grid. And others are also having the same issue. If i create a lobby myself or play sports mode its fine.

Any fixes for this?

Thanks!

Last edited:
GTS was bad with this yesterday, could be a server load issue. Could just be luck of the draw with a seemingly random bug. I don't know, but it's really annoying!

A rolling or grid start don't change anything with that problem, because even in rolling start, the driver will be stuck in auto-drive instead of beeing stuck on the grid. It's mainly caused by "internet incompatibilities" between drivers (a driver can't see another one).

When this happen, I use to delete my temporary datas, make a manual save and shut down the PS4 (not in rest mode and I wait about 15 mins sometimes) before going back to the lobby. It seems to work decently in my little championship since we're able to have a full grid without anyone beeing stuck, even if originally 4 or 5 drivers had incompatibilities issues.

Beeing the host resolve the problem for yourself but not for everyone else, from what I've seen.

Makes me wonder is these people having the issue have an Open NAT. OPEN NAT type 2 and a good connection. I can’t believe how terrible some people’s internet is. I have a base level xfinity cable and I alaways have full green connection bars.

Makes me wonder is these people having the issue have an Open NAT. OPEN NAT type 2 and a good connection. I can’t believe how terrible some people’s internet is. I have a base level xfinity cable and I alaways have full green connection bars.

Hi Mooch,

excuse for me being not so technical but when i test my connection i have Nat type 2. My speed is somewhere between 150mpbs and 200. So the speed is fine but what is this Nat Type issue?

Hi Mooch,

excuse for me being not so technical but when i test my connection i have Nat type 2. My speed is somewhere between 150mpbs and 200. So the speed is fine but what is this Nat Type issue?

No problem happy to try and answer. NAT stands for (network address translation), which in short is basically a firewall or security built in virtual firewall (security) for your home network router. NAT type 2 is what you want for gaming. I learned all this because at one point I had a NAT type 1 and it was causing many problems with online games, like not hearing people on chat. So judging by what you say you should be good with your settings. I see many people online with horrible horrible connections and it makes me wonder if they even know what NAT their router is set for. Haha

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but not new to GT, have been plating frequently since its release. Since the last update i keep having trouble in any lobby race, getting stuck on the grid. And others are also having the same issue. If i create a lobby myself or play sports mode its fine.

Any fixes for this?

Thanks!

Looks like a you got caught up in a bit of a tight spot.

Sooo sooo sooo just ask yourself, what would Tron do in my situation?

My Network Address Translation table is always Type 2. I get 212Mbps on my tv an computer, and up to 226Mbps on our smartphones. My PlayStation gets between 160Mbps - 223Mbps network connection speed.

Latest Posts

Back