kers problemF1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter mapko15
  • 9 comments
MAC_ATTACK91
Hey guys im just wondering if you have kers because im running a lotus for my first season and I dont have kers at all I dont know if its just the lotus or is it a bug in the game?

Nope, some of the teams at the bottom end of the grid don't run KERS due to development or funding issues which translates into the game.

Its not fundamental IRL, RBR didn't run it at the start of the year iirc?

Nope, some of the teams at the bottom end of the grid don't run KERS due to development or funding issues which translates into the game.

Its not fundamental IRL, RBR didn't run it at the start of the year iirc?

At the start of the year many teams didn't have their KERS up and running reliably, which is why they weren't running it. Webber has still had KERS issues throughout the season since.

Only nine teams will get to step into the new Formula 1 season powered by the Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS), according to a report from Germany's Auto Motor und Sport. Needless to say, those teams are last season's newly entrants Team Lotus, Marussia Virgin and Hispania Racing F1 Team.

The Lotus has, however, DRS - don't know if the others have that too but I highly doubt any team would miss out on that.

DRS is mandatory, and not very expensive to implement (compared to KERS). If it were not mandatory, teams could freely alter their rear wing structure, offering more downforce and making it harder for cars to pass them because the DRS regulations severly limit the scope for altering the rear wing.

Back