Lack of Sportsmanship

United States
United States
I love GT7 and I love GT7 sport mode even more. The quality of clean drivers has gone down significantly in the last 4 weeks. If anyone here has a lifeline straight to PD please remind them that their penalty system needs work badly. You can not pass half of the field because half of the field is all ready pissed off by the last 6 races they’ve competed in and they got pushed around with no penalty to the offender and they then become the offender. The other half of the field is under qualifying to try to get into a spot where they can go last to 1st. Last to 1st is fine but if the penalty system stays as is then the only way to advance is to push your way through the pack. I’m B DR so it’s not like these are noobies. Brake checks, pushing off track, dive bombs with no chance of making the apex, slow driving down straights, these are all examples of what drivers are doing. It seems as if their goal is to ruin GT7 for everyone and I can’t understand why PD allows this. Another thing.. I thought DR was tied to SR. That is a lie frequently I see B- DR and C-SR this should never happen.

Not an original thought by any means, but I do feel like Sport Mode is at an important juncture right now. There seems to be a greater proportion of quicker players now than there was during GTS days (like myself, I imagine many a B/S driver from 2020 is now a stable A/S driver). The level of sportsmanship being shown in B-lobbies has visibly suffered, and it seems to me that A-standard in terms of pace hasn't necessarily brought with it an increase in race-craft and awareness, and now the (lack of) ability to race clean has migrated from those B grids to now A grids.

From my personal experience, I feel like the DualSense controller gives a much tighter feeling of control than the DS4 and that was what my first thought was to why the general pace has improved.

I do believe, however that once you're in the higher end of DR A, the races begin the clear up. By simple virtue of the fact that to be consistently competitive at higher levels you simply have to drive clean. This is discounting of course isolated and random incidents of vengeful or spiteful driving.

As a spiteful antisocial human being myself I agree entirely. People are terrible and those terrible people have seeped into GT7 sport mode.

As a logical human being, we can only control ourselves and set the example to be the change you want to see by treating everyone as obstacles in game to be avoided and not falling into exploiting the weak penalty system for vengeance against another player’s misguided vengeance when these inevitable events occur.

It’s also statistics; the more veteran players take breaks from lack of content, and the more new players come in buying the game at a discount, the lower the quality of individual races will be due to available matchmaking pools.

Oh and also, the rise to SR S is so easy. To encourage consistently clean driving, there needs to be some kind of reward for 'legacy' cleanliness. What I mean to say is, if you manage to keep 99 SR points for a whole week there should be recognition for that. Sometimes it will be out of your control, and that'll suck, but at least it's something that everyone can aim for. A clean race bonus (worth a maximum of 30,000 credits) on a one-race basis just doesn't cut it, IMO.

I'm new to Sport. I've had GT7 since March, and have played every version on every PS over the years. Casually, but I always managed to get a large share of gold and fast times in all the endeavors over the years...

I have explicitly NOT used Sport because I didn't want to be that guy that was just barreling through everyone to win. My first ever daily I managed to qualify 2nd. I played for probably an hour just running laps to tighten up so I was ready when the race started. First corner I got smashed into the wall. I managed to come out in 4th and alone and slowly and cleanly made it back to my pole position. There were a few bumps here and there but nothing like the first corner and I actually managed a clean race bonus as well. I felt pretty good about how I raced but after having read all the crap about their guidelines and when people drive like blind chickens smoking crack was really surprised that it went down like that.

Anyway, the idiots won't stop me from having a good time and trying to continue to improve, but it sure makes me crazy, especially because I didn't even try Sport until I felt I was able. That's not to say people with different abilities shouldn't play, but PD could do a better job at sorting players for certain.

I'm new to Sport. I've had GT7 since March, and have played every version on every PS over the years. Casually, but I always managed to get a large share of gold and fast times in all the endeavors over the years...

I have explicitly NOT used Sport because I didn't want to be that guy that was just barreling through everyone to win. My first ever daily I managed to qualify 2nd. I played for probably an hour just running laps to tighten up so I was ready when the race started. First corner I got smashed into the wall. I managed to come out in 4th and alone and slowly and cleanly made it back to my pole position. There were a few bumps here and there but nothing like the first corner and I actually managed a clean race bonus as well. I felt pretty good about how I raced but after having read all the crap about their guidelines and when people drive like blind chickens smoking crack was really surprised that it went down like that.

Anyway, the idiots won't stop me from having a good time and trying to continue to improve, but it sure makes me crazy, especially because I didn't even try Sport until I felt I was able. That's not to say people with different abilities shouldn't play, but PD could do a better job at sorting players for certain.
I'm sort of in the same boat as you.
Started in March and have focused on learning the physics, tracks and cars.
I've read the horror stories and watched streams, and seen how the driving culture in GT7 online is.
Until PD implements a better penalty system, I'll steer clear of the sport races and stick to TT's.

I salute your positive attitude and racing ethics. Wish everyone was more like you.

I know it's just a game. Half of the ones playing bumper cars are probably just kids who don't quite get the nuance of an actual race so it's hard to be very upset, but for those of us who have very little spare time and would like to enjoy it properly when we get a chance, it kinda sucks.

I'm def guilty of making mistakes. It happens.

I really do wish the magic Internet referees would be consistent with penalties though.

I got back into this around March funnily enough. GT5 was the last I played before that. For me, if I didn't race online, I'd probably have got bored of it by now.

There are definitely some people out there to cause havoc, but from my experience, it's definitely not every race, and only one or two people even then. And the upside is, you get to race real people, which is a huge win as far as I'm concerned.

So yeah, occasionally you get someone who makes it less fun, but when you get a good one, it massively outweighs those bad races.

Well I giant problem is most have never raced anything in real life. To know that there are consequences for ****** driving. And most don't understand there is an even bigger difference between going fast and racing fast. It is one thing to rip a fast qualy, but then your race pace drops like a rock because you have no race line. Most think racing is just getting past the other driver....but there is a real art to passing clean and driving clean. There is no bonus for that, and they should reward that.

Yes I do know there is a clean race bonus...but it would be really great to get a bonus for clean passing and clean side by side racing. I don't really understand why the quality of driver has changed from Sport to GT7. But I still get into good battles with people.

Just remember...it is a game and most people are not real racers---or even watch racing.

Maybe giant penalties for ****** drivers for ramming. Auto kick would be nice for rammers. Well that is my 2 cents....

Okay... but it is true.

Why do you think otherwise?
If you work your way up to A-DR and S-SR but after a few weeks you are back to A-DR and B-SR then you should not be an A-SR you should instead be B-DR B-SR because your SR rating dropped your DR rating should drop too. The video says your SR is directly tied to your DR so DR should never be higher than SR.

If you work your way up to A-DR and S-SR but after a few weeks you are back to A-DR and B-SR then you should not be an A-SR you should instead be B-DR B-SR because your SR rating dropped your DR rating should drop too. The video says your SR is directly tied to your DR so DR should never be higher than SR.
No.

Your DR level can't increase past your SR level - you can't go up to DR A if you are SR B - but your SR level can fall below your DR level. It can fall 2.5 levels lower before it resets your DR level to match.

It's absolutely, 100% possible to be DR B and SR C if your SR fell below B after your DR was already at B.

I don't know where you're getting your premises from but they're just not true.

I know it's just a game. Half of the ones playing bumper cars are probably just kids who don't quite get the nuance of an actual race so it's hard to be very upset, but for those of us who have very little spare time and would like to enjoy it properly when we get a chance, it kinda sucks.

I'm def guilty of making mistakes. It happens.

I really do wish the magic Internet referees would be consistent with penalties though.

I wouldn’t be so sure about the majority of dirty drivers being kids. I’m nearly 40, and my post race line thingee is “Checkers or Wreckers”

From my personal experience, I feel like the DualSense controller gives a much tighter feeling of control than the DS4 and that was what my first thought was to why the general pace has improved.
The OP is complaining about last 4 weeks. And from my personal experience as a DualSense user, it is the change in TC a few updates back which catapulted many folks, including me into higher DR.

@Yard_Sale I tried to quote you but it's been a long time since I've been active on a forum and it didn't work. Or maybe because I only have 3 replies...

But anyway, I don't mind a scrap while racing. I think it's good fun to play a game of bumper cars while trying for a decent lap... I just don't like it in the daily races. 😁

I really don't get too upset. It is just a game and we are all (well some of us) trying to be and do better at it.

@Yard_Sale I tried to quote you but it's been a long time since I've been active on a forum and it didn't work. Or maybe because I only have 3 replies...

But anyway, I don't mind a scrap while racing. I think it's good fun to play a game of bumper cars while trying for a decent lap... I just don't like it in the daily races. 😁

I really don't get too upset. It is just a game and we are all (well some of us) trying to be and do better at it.

I gotcha.

Personally, I just like stirring the pot. In reality, I race super clean. Despite what my online in game nicknames might lead people to believe

I gotcha.

Personally, I just like stirring the pot. In reality, I race super clean. Despite what my online in game nicknames might lead people to believe
I did it! 😂

I try pretty hard to be as clean as my meager talent allows, in case my internet sarcasms are broken again.

This is the reason why I don’t play online and the fact that you can’t race tuned cars which is the biggest turn off for me.

Any competitive system that relies on participants to act “honorably” as opposed to acting in their own strategic best interest is a dumb system doomed to fail and will always inevitably result in most of its players being angry and frustrated.

If PD cannot solve that issue, then it has no business launching an online competitive video game.

Any system that does not account for human nature is a stupid, failed system.

Back