Let's talk about IA fair play...

• Thread starter rei348
  • 15 comments
Clean driving... Fair play... Respect... Do all of this apply to IA???
I lost the count of how many races I crashed because IA kicked me out... Last one of today is nurburgring GP 600pp.
Me with ktm x-bow, I overtake on the outside at first corner an aston martin, I'm in front of him a little wide at the exit, turn 2 is on the left so is ok... No, the aston martin enter in the corner and with the front bumper push my right rear wheel and kick me out of the track. A perfect dirty move, with all the intention you can't do better than that!
How many races you lost because of this brainless, dirty IA?

Clean driving... Fair play... Respect... Do all of this apply to IA???
Don't say it too loud, some may see it and come here saying IA drives perfectly clean and avoid contact at all cost, and the sole culprit is your poor driving skills :lol:

Do as Riki says : avoid them at all cost, wait for the moment to overtake without taking risks. You'll lose time waiting them to break check you but at least they won't send you to the shadow realm.

I guess for good drivers (not like me) it is a non issue as they fly by IA as if they were non existent, so they don't have to suffer their sportmanship.

Last edited:
Don't go for such daring moves, I learned my lesson the hard way. I'll drive safer and take 2nd if it means I can avoid doing something risky and getting hit by the AI. They do react to you, just not in a split-second fashion during say, corner entry.

1. AI in GT7 are psychotic murderers. I've lost track at this point how many times they pitted me off the track and into a wall
2. Nurb GP AI seems extra sociopath. That second hairpin halfway through the lap feels like a war zone. I consider myself lucky any time I can get through that turn without getting killed by the AI drivers
3. This behavior seems extra strange for a game that puts so much emphasis on clean and fair driving and also limits your credit income based on that (although I'm not really shocked by that last part given how scummy PD was with credits)

Here's the AI in all there glory, World GT Series, Mount Panarama, lap 1, i'm back in 16th, offending AI is running 8th, 2 different camera angles, check out flag man, he needs re-training,lol

Edit:For what it's worth, i've done 100 races or so at World GT Series and this is the worst one i've seen,but overall i'd say AI are quite competitive and fun to race against if you treat them like they are actual drivers :cheers:

Last edited:
Well let’s look at this objectively.

Back in the GT5/6 days and even GTS the AI was totally timid - as soon as the player got in front they wouldn’t fight back and would barely pass even when the player made a big mistake.

Now in GT7 some AI cars (and it’s not all in a race) will drive aggressively and even make overtakes. Some will defend by moving offline into corners, the AI will make passes on each other and even make mistakes themselves which aren’t player induced. These are all major improvements.

I’d say the AI conducts its races about as well as that of an average multiplayer race. So its about as good as you’d expect other online players to be - what more can PD do?

The thing is the GT7 offline events are mostly short races with the player needing to overtake everything. So that compromises what the AI can do and the player is racing in an unrealistic way to get to the front.

Set up a custom race with longer race stints and a grid start (and a car that is within a reasonable power range) and the AI is raceable enough. Challenging even.

I sort of feel these days the AI is mostly there to look good in replays anyway but GT7 seems to have a better mix and performance of AI than other GTs.

On Nurburgring and on narrow tracks in general, they move in 2 pack, always try to block you, to slow you down so you lose clean race bonus. Not the smartest drivers but it is what it is...

Finished the cafe last night. In the process I remember being spun 3 time. 2 were my fault after review. The thrid one was a cheeky pit manoeuvre that I didn't see coming. So all in all it was fine and I like how aggressive they were.

The AI in GT7 is the best AI in GT series so far, but it's still terrible. Specially at Mount Panorama, it feels like they are looking for a spot to park or something.

On Nurburgring and on narrow tracks in general, they move in 2 pack, always try to block you, to slow you down so you lose clean race bonus. Not the smartest drivers but it is what it is...
One of the hardest tracks to get the clean racing bonus, I lost count how many times the AI was 2 wide at the fast sections, blocking the way

Latest Posts

Back