Lister Costin Le Mans Coupe 1963

• Thread starter R0ssingt0n
  • 5 comments
United Kingdom
Essex
It's a one off British sportscar from the 60's with a fancy name... What more can you ask for!

23995.jpg

Last edited:
It's also a historically significant car being designed by the great Frank Costin who developed the very advanced aerodynamics of the Vanwall Grand Prix car (designed by Colin Chapman) which won the F1 world championship in 1958. He also with Jem Marsh designed the Marcos sports car and founded Cosworth with Keith Duckworth.

Brian Lister produced race cars powered by the Bristol straight six which was a copy of a pre-war BMW design. That engine was also used in the predecessor to the AC/Shelby Cobra - the AC Ace Bristol and Ac Aceca Bristol. He then used Jaguar and Corvette engines, but is more well known for the Lister Jaguars. Brian also race developed the Sunbeam Tiger on behalf of the Rootes group for a failed Le Mans 24 hour effort - check out my thread titled Sunbeam Tiger.

NB ownership of the company had changed before the Lister Storm featured in the GT games was released.

If you are interested classics check out the thread about the Corvette 1960 race car - I've posted a link in that one to a 35 minute documentary which tells the detailed story of the Briggs Cunningham team entry in the 1960 Le Mans race.

Keep these classics coming - I love them! Modern cars get old very quickly, but a classic never gets old because it's always a classic!

Back