Little Big Planet 3PS4 

• Thread starter Earth
  • 19 comments
One of the must have for the PS4. I still have LBP as well and I'm still enjoying it. I'm so in love with this game

LBP2 is still a stand-out to me on PS3. Like I said in the E3 discussion thread, forget all the (admittedly excellent looking) racing games, or the endless mud-paletted shooters; this is what's going to convince me to finally jump to the current gen.

The new characters are a bit gimmicky, though: I feel like power-ups or temporary modifications to Sackboy would've been better.

After watching the first 10 minutes of this most of my doubts have been removed. I'll be preordering even if the PS4 version is just the PS3 game with touchpad controls. The improvements to the create mode look to be well worth it.

After watching the first 10 minutes of this most of my doubts have been removed. I'll be preordering even if the PS4 version is just the PS3 game with touchpad controls. The improvements to the create mode look to be well worth it.

LBP Vita is better than the PS3 version (partly due to touch controls), and the crossplay levels are brilliant. Worth checking it out if you haven't already.

I spent many an hour on both previous LBP games, so much fun and it's the only game my girlfriend will actually play with me. But trawling through all the crap user created online levels looking for a decent one can get quite tedious.

Games are fun, love the art style and infinite creativity. I also enjoyed Mod Nation Racers, which again offered endless user creativity. Can't wait for this game.

List of every new gadget

http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sh...-every-new-gadget-and-a-practical-explanation

I thought it would be a good idea to make a practical list of every new tool that is offered in here. I made a list of 55 new elements available to use in Create Mode. I might have missed something, if you notice that please send me a PM or post a reply so that I can improve this list. I hope you guys find this useful!

Note: In this list I am not counting some features, such as the improved menus for most of the old tweakers and sensors, the kinda obvious fact there are 16 layers now, or some of the improvements made, for instance, to the corner editing tool and to some other functions from previous games. Therefore, this list tries to compile completely new gadgets and tools of the level editor. There are in total more than 70 new important features in the game (for example I am not listing many functions such as the Adventure mode map or the quest mechanics, nor the Pumpinator and some of the other Sackpocket items made with the Power Up creator), but again, only listing completely new tweakers, gadgets and sensors in here.

List and explanation of the game's new tools:

1. Dephysicalize tool. Arriving from LBPVita, the Dephysicalize tool allows you to make any object a no-collision object, meaning that everything passes right through it. It is used to save up thermo and to help in level design.

2. Rail Editor. Allows you to modify an already existing Bendy Rail, a little bit like the corner editor tool, but in 3D.

3. Paint. The tool is now not an exclusive of the PS Move owners, now you can paint with your Dualshock 3 & 4 controllers, and it has been incredibly improved! Custom stickers are now a reality sackfolk.

4. Fixed camera. Activate by pressing R3 while in the popit cursor. Now, no matter how you move, the camera will stay fixed during create mode. Oh science!

5. Preview. Preview mode can now be toggled (lol) by pressing the L3 button on your left joystick. Yep, no more long 5 second journeys to the pause menu.

6. Object Saver. When you put this little gadget on an object, when a player enters your level and moves that object, and then leaves the level, when he returns the object will remember its last position and appear there.

7. Quest Tweaker. Activate this tweaker to activate, deactivate, or change the status of a previously created quest. To create a quest go to your organizetron (or hold the traingle button).

8. Quest Sensor. This brand new shiny sensor detects the status of a current quest or objective.

9. Quest Marker. Guides the player to an specific point of the level during a quest! Like your own LBP GPS!

10. Infinite Level. The reason we are all here! Activate this amazing function in the Gameplay Controls, and it will transform our old friend the thermo into the much more amazing dynamic thermo! This little buddy is like a safer emit-destroy technique. For those who are not familiarized with that creation trick, it consists of loading the parts of the level that the player is currently at, but nothing else. That allows levels to be ultra mega complex as it only needs to load what the player sees! WARNING! Watch out for wireless logic while using the Dynamic Thermo functions. Things that the player don't see DO NOT exist in the level until they are loaded, so that includes tags that may have been activated earlier on the level, but that will be "destroyed" when the player leaves into another area. Note: The available space to build in this kind of levels is the same as in regular levels.

11. Preloader. All your Infinite Level solutions are here! This handy little tool allows zones of the level be PRELOADED while the player is busy in another part of your infinite level, so that the transition to the next rooms is very smooth and the player suffers no problems whatsoever in it. Basically it allows you to prepare the game engine for what is next to come!

12. Permanency Tweaker. Place it on an object, and it will remain forever loaded in an Infinite Level! Use this one with wisdom and you can create wireless logic even in Infinite Levels!

13. Loading linker. This tool works just as the advanced glue tool. To use it, you need to have the Infinite Level setting activated. This one allows you to select which objects you would like to be loaded together, so that they don't appear without the other while being loaded!

14. Remote Tag Sensor. I am listing this one here because many people overlook it (and the regular tag sensor apparently does not have an infinite range setting). This tag sensor automatically scans the whole level for tag signals.

15. Wave Generator. Creates a sine wave signal!!!!! What on the Community Earth is that?Basically, it allows you to create a signal that goes from -100% to +100% and vice versa continuously. Practical uses outside of complex logic can include graphic fanciness, where you connect this thing to an animated material (maybe a simple sticker panel) to make it change color in a very smooth and mesmerizing way.

16. Data display. Press R2 over objects to obtain data about them, such as layer position, number of glued objects, number of logic tweakers attached, etc. If you press R2 on a gadget output, you can see the signal strength it is transmitting! Incredible!

17. Broadcast Microchip. This one will blow your mind! This microchip allows to create a microchip that transmits its properties to other objects through the level, either by tag signals, or by closeness to the transmitter. Even works in players! You can make interesting mechanics with this indeed.

18. Advanced IN/OUT mover. In the era of smooth layer transitioning you won't want to leave home without one of these. Allows to move objects in and out, but instead of being layer by layer, you can now make them move with a certain speed, making very smooth layer transitions.

19. Force chip. Allows you to make attraction or repelling forces either on objects or players. Works very well in Boss Battles for instance.

20. Opacity Tweaker. Change the opacity of an object via logic. This represents that maybe you can make an object invisible mid-game, like a house/room's wall when entering that house/room.

21. Physics tweaker. Allows to modify materials' properties, such as weight or collision properties. Imagine levels where eating donuts made you heavier. The gameplay possibilities are truly endless now.

22. Bendy Rail. Another star! Bendy Rails allow players and objects attached to Rail Hooks to move though the level in the X, Y and Z axis incredibly smoothly! This allows amazing visual effects or cool gameplay ideas. Booker DeWitt would be proud.

23. Rail Hook. Attach to an object to make it run smoothly in a Bendy Rail! Just like in LBP3's reveal trailer!

24. Layer Launcher. This new bounce-pad style launchers, allow players to bounce... across layers!

25. Slide. Used for smooth layer transitioning. So smooth. Yum.

26. Velociporter. Teleporters that don't lose momentum! Just like playing Portal in LBP! The gameplay possibilities are endless.

27. Character Teleporter. Allows players to teleport immediately from one point to another.

28. Character Changer. A level link like door, which allows you to change the character you are using to let Toggle, Oddsock and Swoop join the action too!

29. NEW level link. Basically the same as the old level link but with a new look. And a new haircut if you wish.

30. Progress Board. Allows you to end the levels in a completely different way than a regular scoreboard, where you can also show stats such as acing, quest completition, goodies collected, Collectabells, etc.

31. Shop Stalk. Amazing! Allows you to change Collectabells or regular points in order to buy... stuff... or trigger a signal!

32. Collectabells. A whole new currency has arrived to LBP! This ones can only be obtained once per level, and can be traded in Shop Stalks for fancy stuff.

33. Spikes (top-down). Pretty much the same old danger but displayed top-down. Useful for placing as Bendy rail obstacles for example.

34. Top Down Race gates. The old Race Gates now can be placed top-down! The support for top down levels in LBP3 is quite tangible!

35. Swivel Light. A very, very cool light that can be projected to the depth of the level, that is, across layers, from 1 - 16.

36. Wall Light. A very improved tool for lightning that will be vital for the creators who love playing around with the illumination in their creations.

37. Sackpocket. Your own Power-Up storage! Accessed by holding the O button. Modifiable with logic bits and pieces.

37. Sackpocket Item Sensor. Detects when a player activates certain items of their sackpocket.

38. State Sensor. One of the most powerful additions to the realm of sensors. Allows to detect automatically what is sackboy doing exactly at any given time (swimming, running, walking, standing, using a power up, eating a burrito). Forget those days of complex buggy logic trying to figure out what was the player doing in you levels!

39. Hook Hat. Power up. Allows players to hook right into Bendy Rails!

40. Boost Boots. Power Up to give you a short burst of speed in any given direction. Can be used for easy double jump and other cool gameplay mechanics!

41. Popit Power Up. Revolutionary! Allows players to use the Popit and interact with objects inside Play Mode! You control what they can mess with, of course.

42. Popit Power Up tweaker. Tweaks what and how can the popit power up interact with.

43. Popit Cursor Sensor. Detects when the popit cursor is hovering or selecting an object.

44. Sackpocket Pedestal. Gives player power ups to store directly into their sack pockets.

45. Power Up pedestal. Allows players to grab a custom Power Up. Oh the possibilities!

46. Blaster Handle. Allows you to create your very own Power Ups! And selecting the way you will be grabbing or holding them.

47. Character Tweaker. WARNING! VERY UNSTABLE! Allows you to transform into any character when activated. Watch out for game crashes, save before experimenting complex character interaction.

48. Gameplay Tweaker. Allows you to modify the abilities of a character.

49. Sackpocket Tweaker. Allows you to provide with new items and power ups to the player, via logic.

50. Kill Tweaker. This dangerous little tweaker automatically kills the selected player when activated! Evil!

51. Character Rotation Tweaker. Mind blowing! Allows you to rotate characters in any way you want, you can have them facing the back or some funny positions that were never possible before!

52. Object Animation Tweaker. Allows you to modify various aspects of animated objects. For example, put it on the good ol' teleporter of the Cross-Controller pack. Now you can determine how fast its animation goes, and mess with other settings of it.

53. Character Animation Tweaker. Possibly the most powerful addition in terms of graphics. Allows you to make a character behave exactly the way you want via animations. 3D platformers are now a reality!

54. Shardinator. This cool new tool allows you to shatter an object to pieces when activated, and you can even tweak how it will be destroyed and how many pieces will be created after its destruction! It can also be used for amazing visual effects!

55. Climbable Materials. Sackboy's new ability in LBP3 is nothing less than climbing! And to do so, he needs these materials. The climbable materials are just like any other material but give the ability to Sackboy to climb by pressing R1 near them.

That's it guys. Comments, recommendations and doubts are welcome! Hope it is useful
smile.gif

To think the first game was quite revolutionary this is taking it to another level. Especially amazed at them going from 3 layers to 16! Can't wait for this game!

I'm keeping an eye on the launch price for this, seems to be locked at £48 but I'm hoping the deals start to come in closer to the time...

Extras edition exclusive to GAME is also £53, comes with a few bits and bobs DLC wise.

Im slowly discovering some of the amazing new features in create mode.

Here I make a sackboy crawl along the ground like a dog (can be used to make 4 legged creature costumes look more realistic)

ewje8YO.gif

And here is an early example full 3D platforming logic I put together

Man, this game is a buggy mess. Honestly, sort of regreting it right now...literally the worst LBP yet in terms of polish.

Latest Posts

Back