LMP1 Hybrid Deployment Changes

Germany
Museum of Human Misery
TheGuenn
I bought the Toyota TS050 recently and was very surprised to see that the hybrid deployment has completely changed compared to GT Sport. Now the battery seems to drain much quicker, to the point that when I‘m doing a time trial at Le Mans, I‘m running out of juice by the time I exit Tertre Rouge for the first time. On GT Sport, I practically never had to worry about an empty battery with this car for at least two laps while going flat out. Now it‘s running on empty after 2km until the first Mulsanne chicane.

The effect of the boost seems comparable and the battery capacity/output shouldn’t have changed, by the very nature of the car, so what is going on here?

Has the deployment changed for any other of the 2016 LMP1 cars (Audi & Porsche)? The best way to describe it would be that it feels like someone put the hybrid system from the GT Sport’s Audi R18 into the GT7 Toyota.

As an aside, I also feel like the top speed has been nerfed, which could be a knock-on effect from the hybrid deployment, but I‘m not sure I can ascribe it entirely to that. With 100% power and lowest wing settings I‘m barely cracking 320 kph on the first part of the Mulsanne straight.

Back