*Lock/Delete Thread I messed up* S2000 successor coming in 2017?

United States
Arizona
Will1amC
killvvill
Here's the shocker- It's mid-engined.
Yep, The S660, this, and the NSX are honda's new plan of sports cars.
It will apparently make 350hp, and might be the same hybrid system as the S660 and NSX.

Per Motor Trend:

The report suggests the new S2000 won’t be anything like the old one. Like the NSX, the Honda S2000 successor is expected to be a mid-engine coupe with a gas-electric hybrid powertrain. While the NSX will feature a twin-turbocharged V-6 (no bigger than 3.5 liters) and three electric motors, the Honda S2000 successor will likely get a version of the 350-hp turbocharged 2.0-liter I-4 from the next-generation European-market Honda Civic Type-R with a less complex hybrid setup. The car is estimated to hit 60 mph in less than 5.0 seconds and return around 40 mpg.

While the NSX will sit at the top of Honda’s (Acura) performance echelon, the Honda S2000 successor will slot in the middle just above the mid-engine S660 roadster. That car itself is a successor to the Japanese-market Honda Beat kei-car and will feature a 64-hp 660 cc I-3 in Japan and a larger 100-hp turbocharged 1.0-liter I-3 for export.

The next NSX is expected to arrive in early 2015 with the S660 going on sale in Japan toward the end of that year, while the S2000 successor won’t likely arrive until 2017.

Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/1405_we_h...sor_coming_hybrid_possible.html#ixzz31e6HMQgm

Motor Trend's Render:

s2k.jpg

Last edited:
Yep... Saw it right after I made the thread. Didn't do anything cause I had stuff to do.

Anyways, Mods, please lock, delete, or whatever you do to this.

Back