Lode cell(Possibly?) killed my throttle (dd pro 8nm bundle)

• Thread starter Kriptical
  • 4 comments
United States
United States
Soooo!

I just got the dd pro bundle the other day and after a few hours decided to pull the clutch and use load cell//throttle. Upon loading into game the throttle brake inputs were going batty. Full throttle full brake of and on. So, immediately i switched it off, and plugged it into the laptop, purchased to update the firmware, which showed the lode cell brake functioning normally..but zero throttle inputs.

Funny thing. I’ve tried pretty much all options to bandaid stuff.. And in doing so discovered that when i hook it up with in the; brake as clutch, set up and flash firmware, it see’s the brake inputs (fanalab), but when plugged into the load cell rj socket won’t show as a throttle. Fanatec said to ship them the pedal brake set and after evaluation, they will replace.. but now im wondering if its the load cell that buggered.

While seemingly nice, and pretty responsive, the company seems to move a bit on the slow side…. so for $80 bucks i bought another set of csl elites(im dumb and impatient i know 🙃…in my defense i had to have all mac’s for work, and have been waiting about a decade for good enough vr and solid wheel to hit consoles. i was patient until i wasn’t 😁). Anyway, im going to rattle their cages about it tomorrow… but the point is im growing apprehensive about the load cells output socket being a problem and while i want to put the load cell with throttle and get back on the road, its now a worry that ill brick the new set too. Have you guys had any experience with the csl load cell brake//throttle set up going sideways?

Was it always a buggered throttle?

Has anyone had an otherwise seemingly functional lode cell brake as a culprit.

Or!

Is this just a normal and unfortunate manufacturing fail. Kinda on eggshells presently with what to do whenever the 2nd set of pedals show.

Appreciate your inputs 😁

Last edited:
And in doing so discovered that when i hook it up with in the; brake as clutch, set up and flash firmware, it see’s the brake inputs (fanalab), but when plugged into the load cell rj socket won’t show as a throttle.

My accelerator/throttle/gas pedal is not working on my CSL Pedals. What should I do?
This can happen if the pedals are not connected properly. The cable arrangement is different if you are using the CSL Pedals Load Cell Kit. We have described the cable connections with and without Load Cell Kit below, please follow them carefully:

Without Load Cell Kit:
Gas pedal to wheel base (Gas 'Wheel Base/Load Cell' port TO 'Pedals' port in the wheel base)
Brake pedal to Gas pedal (Brake RJ12 connector TO 'Brake' port in Gas pedal)

With Load Cell Kit:
Load Cell pedal to wheel base (Load Cell 'Wheel Base' port TO 'Pedals' port in the wheel base)
Gas pedal to Load Cell pedal (Gas 'Wheel Base/Load Cell' port TO 'Load Cell' port in the Load Cell pedal)
Clutch to Gas pedal (Clutch RJ12 Connector TO 'Clutch' port in the Gas pedal)

CSL Load Cell pedal video guide:

Warning! Connecting the cables to the wrong ports can damage the electronics and prevent the pedals from functioning.

Sounds like the load cel is plugged into throttle where the normal brake goes, rather than to the wheel base directly, then the throttle to the load cel as it should

its throttle to load cell, then lode cell into wheel. Ive tried just plugging the throttle and brake into fanalab and no joy. Tried using the output from the lode cell and brake as throttle which didn’t work either. The lode cell is always registering input but the csl brake will only showing input as a clutch and only after a firmware flash. Throttles dead when its the brake or the throttle proper which is why im wondering about the lode cell now.

Did you read the manual and follow the directions carefully? There's a big warning sticker that plugging things into the wrong slot may fry your pedals.

Did you read the manual and follow the directions carefully? There's a big warning sticker that plugging things into the wrong slot may fry your pedals.
I did. And its the strangest thing that it was up and functional for about 8hrs then after removing the clutch things went sideways. It seems as soon as you do the initial firmware/driver update the lode cell becomes captain of the ship with the output always going to the wheel and things plugged into it. So post firmware its always using the lode cell marked ports for throttle and in the lode cell then use the clutch output for the old brake. Removing the clutch actually doesn’t change which port the throttle goes into.

This is kinda why i’m apprehensive about plugging the new throttle into my lode cell, for the two pedal setup. I can accept a manufacturing fail. Such is life. But the more i thought about it the more i began to question the where and why.

I guess the biggest thing stuck in my craw is that if i reassemble the three pedal setup and flash firmware it sees (and receives inputs from)the lode cell and the brake as clutch. However anything plugged into the lode cell port on the lode cell won’t register. Ie old brake as throttle.

Antithetically! When i go back to the original non lode cell config with the throttle plugging into the hub things are dead. So its likely a dead throttle, but i just don’t get why brake as throttle doesn’t work when the old brake is plugged into the lode cell port and its lode cell to hub.

Back