Logitech Driving Force Pro for PC

I do not own a PS2, so If I end up getting this wheel, I will ONLY use it for the PC. How is everyone's experience using this wheel for the PC?

Will this wheel work with Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PC)? Has anyone tried?

Also, how is the build quality? I used to own a MC2 Racing Wheel, and it was VERY cheap (it's selling for $20 now; that should've been the price in the first place - retail price used to be $60); well, I sold that wheel because it felt like a "toy", light cheap and the handles turned so easily. That said, how are the wheels on this Logitech? Well, considering its price tag, I feel like I can expect much more from it. Please share any thoughts, experiences about it - PC ONLY!

Hi there,

Yes, I have Need or Speed most wanted on PC, and it works fine with the DFP in 200 degree mode ... not in 900 ... 900 degree mode gives you a HUGE deadzone on the wheel and just kills your driving ...

Furthermore I have played FIA GTR, Colin McRae 04 with my DFP in 900 degree mode on the PC, and it works fine ... just remember to install the Logitech Wingman software as well, while the wheel is connected. The software can be found here ... http://www.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/joystick/lgs460enu.exe It will pick up the wheel as a DFP and you'll be able to change all it's settings then.

Mine has taken long hours of abuse and still has no problems ... swapping it between the PS2 and PC alot as well, and it seems to be sticking up with it's price ! I bought mine in Febuary this year with GT4, no problems so far ... touch wood

you can adjust the degrees of rotation in window game controller properties panel...

i'd suggest 400 or so

but really...why waste your money on a wheel for NFS?....just use a keyboard...the car will behave the same

get GTR or GTL :)

Hey Kragees, does the wheel respond to Force Feedback properly on Need for Speed: Most Wanted? Does it add more realism or greater value to that game using the wheel? or is it better to use a regular controller (on that game) like AlarmedBread suggested. I also plan on using the wheel for NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 and Midnight Club II (yeah, arcade style racing... but I'll definitely try the racing sims too)

and are those other racing sims freeware or just demos?

NFS games FFB feel like...crap, but then thats just my opinion yadda yadda yadda

also the steering in those games gains no advantage from using a wheel, you still just go lock to lock, and the wheels dont follow your inputs, but they graduate just like when using a controller and slamming the buttons around

its not anymore fun using the wheel with those games like it is switching from a controller to a wheel in gt4, or any other 'sim'

GTR and GTL are not freeware, but they are worth every penny if you want to feel the wheel come alive, try the demos and you'll see what i mean (compared to NFS)..well..even gt4 feels like a junky arcade game compared to GTR or GTL, so its not even a fair way to compare...

not trying to dissuade you from buying a dfp, they are wonderful, but in the games you mentioned, definately not worth the money

Bah, really? Shoot... I just ordered one too. Someone said it made NFS Most Wanted more exciting and realistic... I guess it's a matter of personal preference; we'll see....

If the NFS disappoint me with this wheel, I'll try out those demos... well, I'll definitely try it out because I heard those are the only games that support the 900 degree.

I hope it's worth it....

MadCatzWheelSux
I do not own a PS2, so If I end up getting this wheel, I will ONLY use it for the PC. How is everyone's experience using this wheel for the PC?

Will this wheel work with Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PC)? Has anyone tried?

Also, how is the build quality? I used to own a MC2 Racing Wheel, and it was VERY cheap (it's selling for $20 now; that should've been the price in the first place - retail price used to be $60); well, I sold that wheel because it felt like a "toy", light cheap and the handles turned so easily. That said, how are the wheels on this Logitech? Well, considering its price tag, I feel like I can expect much more from it. Please share any thoughts, experiences about it - PC ONLY!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3030792138809788269&q=Richard+Burns+Rally

It seems it works on Pc 👍

theres nothing to convert since it is usb... the answers to basic questions like these are all over this website and all over the internet...

Latest Posts

Back