Logitech G27 questions

• Thread starter oranjoos
  • 12 comments
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
oranjoos
Hi guys, I'm thinking of buying the Logitech G27, but heard that the shifters don't work with some cars. I'd like to know which cars can use the H-box shifter, because I'd much rather use that than the paddle shifters.

I think I might have read somewhere that cars which don't have an H-box in real life don't allow you to use the H-box with the G27, and I want to know if that's true because if it is then I think I'll spend my money in something else :P thanks!

It's because people put full race transmissions in cars. Some cars don't have them because they don't in real life but for the most part cars with clutches/manual transmissions have them, as long as you use the stock trans or cr trans. I've read that some cars with fully upgraded transmissions can't use the h pattern because theoretically there would be some sort of thing to block it, like say a torque converter. That being said I use my h pattern all the time. I like it so much I realized I avoid cars that force me to use paddles (some super cars and/or some race cars)

**as far as I've seen not all full race transmissions block out the h pattern most don't actually but I'm more street than race car.

I have a G27 and right now my main concern is next gen support. So far neither XBone or PS4 has any Logitech Support, and if I were in the market for a wheel, that would concern me the most. At this point it's Thrustmaster only on the PS4 and that may change in the coming months with the release of DriveClub and ProjectCars but if you're a console guy, I'd go Thrustmaster or wait until the fall to decide what wheel to buy. Of course if you're going PC everything is supported there and if you're not going next-gen with consoles it's a moot point.

I have a G27 and right now my main concern is next gen support. So far neither XBone or PS4 has any Logitech Support, and if I were in the market for a wheel, that would concern me the most. At this point it's Thrustmaster only on the PS4 and that may change in the coming months with the release of DriveClub and ProjectCars but if you're a console guy, I'd go Thrustmaster or wait until the fall to decide what wheel to buy. Of course if you're going PC everything is supported there and if you're not going next-gen with consoles it's a moot point.
I heard somewhere in this forum that the Driving Force GT will be PS4 compatible. Kind of confused how that would work but he said he got the info from a Logitech employee.

I heard somewhere in this forum that the Driving Force GT will be PS4 compatible. Kind of confused how that would work but he said he got the info from a Logitech employee.

A Logitech employee will spend 5 minutes telling the developer how to make the game work with the wheel? :sly:

A Logitech employee will spend 5 minutes telling the developer how to make the game work with the wheel? :sly:
Is it that simple? There's something about the PS4 (forgot what it was called) which made it easier to use and make games for, something some some code or the processor or something like that. It's the main reason why PS3 games can't be played on the PS4. I'm no tech guy though so I could be wrong XP

Is it that simple? There's something about the PS4 (forgot what it was called) which made it easier to use and make games for, something some some code or the processor or something like that. It's the main reason why PS3 games can't be played on the PS4. I'm no tech guy though so I could be wrong XP

Yeah, there's a difference in coding games, but despite the info we get on wheel compatibility, it's actually relatively simple, although more likely to be a few hours coding on the part of one employee of either company (they don't seem to agree who that is :rolleyes:). The simplest way to look at the situation is that the PS3 is a fully custom architecture, and I think the X360 is to a lesser degree, but the PS4 and XB1 are PCs in almost every way apart from the OS. All decent wheels until the Thrustmaster for XB1 have been designed primarily for PC compatibility, which means that if they don't work on the 8th gen consoles it's likely down to greed: Microsoft have made wheels incompatible by means of hardware (they deliberately used an illogical design to earn more money) and Sony appear to be flip flopping between screwing the customer like Microsoft, or doing that thing that all big companies seem allergic to, listening to the customers.

My opinion is just buy whatever wheel you want, @oranjoos, then send Sony a "screw you, PC only now, bitches" letter if GT7 isn't compatible but GT6 is. It's what I plan on doing, hopefully they'll start to listen eventually, or I'll actually have to upgrade my PC. :nervous:

Thanks for all your answers guys, I'll put some more thinking into which wheel I'll buy due to what I've been told, I'll do some more research etc, but my main concern for GT6 ans the G27 currently was the fact that the H-shifter doesn't work for fully customizable trans on some cars, and won't work on race cars, which puts me off quite a bit. Thanks again!

I don't think any wheels have H-shifters that work with those cars, although I could be mistaken. The DFGT has a sequential stick that is entirely compatible, but the overall wheel design is fairly fragile, so unless money is a factor on the other wheels that have a sequential (the G25 shifter has a setting for it and there's a Fanatec/Thrustmaster with a separate option) look into those, assuming it's just that you'd prefer a stick to paddles.

Hahaha assuming half-correct my friend, I wouldn't mind a sequential stick but I was reeeally looking forward to the H-shifter.. Thanks so much anyway

Tbh 99% of the time is not an issue I have to face. That could be because my friends and I like to run stock or low modified street cars. But the g27 was well worth the upgrade from my dfgt.

I personally like to run all my cars 100% tuned :lol: And even if I don't tune them, fully customisable transmission is always a must for me; I just can't stick to the normal gearing on most cars...

H shifters should work with cars that aren't SMG or dsg out of the box.

I would be baffled if game developers don't get the g27 going on ps4. It would be silly for them not to and I'm sure they know this.

Back