Logitech PC Wheel on PS2

• Thread starter gabibyte
  • 8 comments
hello,
i am going to buy a PS2 soon, and i was wondering if i can use my logitech speed wheel(USB) which was designed for computers with PS2 considering the fact that the Ps2 has 2 USB ports...thank you

He may be referring to this one I believe...which though the Logitech website statues is only for PC/MAC use but if you look at it closely, it does have the PS2 controlls on it..("X", "O", "Square", "Triangle" & "D-Pad")....So it should work in my opinion.

Maybe, but the game has to be compatible with it, for example a DFP won't work with any GTA games on PS2 because there's no way for the game to recognise it.

Your only hope is if it somehow pretends to be a DFP or a DF, in which case you can use it in games like Gran Turismo 4 or 3.

Here is a picture of it:
7934ab195ba4dc80efe57e60fccea3a7.jpg

For what i know, it's called Logitech Formula GP, it's Plug&Play.

I really can't say i'm afraid. The first time i even saw that wheel is when i was looking at the logitech download page the other day.

It doesn't look PS2 compatible, button wise, so even if it somehow uses the same internals and is recognised as a DF on a PS2, it'll be pretty hard to use.

Do you know anyone with a PS2? If so, it can't hurt to give it a try.

I have a old Logitech WinMan Formula for PC, and i tried it on my ps2, but the game won't recognize it, but the two green lights on the the wheel are on...there must be a way, but I really don't know...anyone have an idea?

Back