Logitech warranty support sucks (for me...)

• Thread starter SHigSpeed
  • 1 comments
SHigSpeed
Just thought I'd drop in and relate a nightmare warranty story for y'all. Prior to getting my DFP, I heard nothing but glowing praise for Logitech's warranty support. Well, my DFP was still under warranty when a tooth broke off of the spur gear that connects the FFB motor to the steering wheel so I called it in. The operator was very friendly and helpful, and they were going to send me one and all I had to do was scratch out the SN on the bottom of my wheel and pedals! Brilliant! Keep the old one for spare parts of trash it! I did have a slight hiccup in that the MFG date was more than a year old so when asked about the purchase date, I told them, and offered an online receipt (bought it through Amazon) but they took my word for it.

Great, so far...

Fast forward TWO MONTHS!

Still no replacement. I've called back three times and each time they promised that they will ship immediately! Last time it was on Monday and the operator walked over and authorized 2nd day air shipment. You'll have it soon. Nope, nothing. Called today, "sorry sir, we're having issues, new system, yadda blah... I've authorized a 2nd day air..."

We'll see...

Just thought I'd vent.

Maybe I'll have the new one by Christmas. All I know is that they'd better honor the warranty for two extra months on this thing.

BTW, I LOVE the product. Just not too happy with the customer service right now...

-SHig

uhh...well, stuff happens. just be glad they're "trying" to help you out. im sure you'll eventually come up with that gear.
btw, how much is the part w/o warranty

Latest Posts

Back