Logos on GR.1 fins, how?

• Thread starter Earth
  • 14 comments
This is the way I did it. Apply the logo to the tail fin. Get a same colour decal as the wing. Apply it over the stretched part.

Basically I do the fins beforehand the actually spoiler and cover it up.

This is from the online manual for the livery editor:

Projection area.PNG

Once you placed your decal on the fin, you set your 'Depth Limit' to -10 or the 'Angle Limit' to -10 in the projection area settings. You can play with the 'Angle Limit' if you have your fin covered with a decal to change the colour of it. In that case, pay attention on the edges of the fin.

Last edited:
I have 2 answers for you because I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question right!

Do you mean like when you're sticking the sticker on the upright things on the end of the rear wings, it's got some like extra "spillover" onto the flat part of the wing? You can fix that by selecting the sticker and there's an option called "set projection area" and then you can turn the "angle limit" down until the extra bit disappears.

If you were actually having a problem with decals warping on the surface, you can try this other method.
You need to do it when you go to "add layer", before you pick your decal to place on the car.
You'll then see 3 button options. Normally you'd select the rightmost one to choose your decal to place, but instead choose the "select camera" icon (the leftmost one) and select an appropriate camera view which is looking at the flat side of the fin where you want your decal.
Then select "projection method" and choose "align with camera".
Then go choose the decal you want and it should hopefully not be all stretched... I hope.

Hopefully one of those helps!

So how would I go about placing a decal here, just above the NGK one?

Attachments

• 23592030_10210710814067875_1592266037978969880_o.jpg
    23592030_10210710814067875_1592266037978969880_o.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 39
So how would I go about placing a decal here, just above the NGK one?
It can be done!

Go to bonnet > add layer
Select bonnet camera (it's the only one available on the Evo)
Then select "projection method" > align with camera
A camera crosshair will appear to signify that your viewpoint is now a camera. Rotate the view so you're looking at the side of the car.
Now select your decal and place it awesomely.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171117011106.jpg

It can be done!

Go to bonnet > add layer
Select bonnet camera (it's the only one available on the Evo)
Then select "projection method" > align with camera
A camera crosshair will appear to signify that your viewpoint is now a camera. Rotate the view so you're looking at the side of the car.
Now select your decal and place it awesomely.

View attachment 691145
Well I'll be damned. Thanks emetic!

I cant speak for the OP but I am understanding his question as the fin that goes from the cockpit to the rear wing on GT1/GR1 cars. I have also tried this on the TS030 and I haven't been able to figure it out either

I cant speak for the OP but I am understanding his question as the fin that goes from the cockpit to the rear wing on GT1/GR1 cars. I have also tried this on the TS030 and I haven't been able to figure it out either
Use the same method. I just gave it a go on a TS050 and can confirm it works. Actually I'm really impressed with the mapping of decals on these cars, it's amazing being able to use this option.

So the process again to put your decal on the surface you want:
>Select "body"
>Add layer
>choose a camera, it actually doesn't matter which one,
>Projection method > Align with camera
>Rotate your camera to point squarely at the surface you want, like the fin or whatever. Use R1 + thumbsticks to rotate and pan, as normal. Use L1 + left thumbstick to target where you want to fire the decal. You dont need to click anything when you're done, just leave the camera in a nice place and then go to select your decal.
>Select decal and it'll go right where you targeted.
>Make sure to check the back side from where you placed it in case it "bleeds" through, and go "set projection area" > "Angle Limit" and turn that down to back that bleed off.

Same deal with pasting decals on bumper corners. The editor is really well featured, we just need to learn how to use the tools to make cool paints.

Back