• 2 comments

Cowboy

Lariat Member
Premium
United States
North Dakota
RacingCowboy570
RacingCowboy570
I'm looking at getting a cockpit but I'm overwhelmed by the options out there. I'm looking to keep it under $1,000 and for something that can hard-mount a CSL Elite and the new CSL Pedals. If anyone could give a recommendation or two that would be appreciated đź‘Ť

Last edited:
IMO the best value 8020 rigs are the Sim Labs GT1-EVO and the Trakracer TR80, both are very similar in design and versatility, and both are very stable platforms for DD wheels without going up to a higher end rig with a 40x120 base. These two rigs both have 40x80 bases and wheel deck uprights. I bought the Sim Labs GT1-EVO and mounted a Fanatec DD1 and I abs love it. Sim Labs stuff ships from the Netherlands, but I still got mine delivered to me in Los Angeles within like 3 days. Trakracer ships from Texas. Sim Labs GT1-EVO is $520 MSRP, and the Trakracer TR80 is $600 MSRP, neither come with a seat, so after you add a seat, monitor mount, and maybe some other accessories like shifter mount, keyboard tray, etc., you'll be right around $1,000

Last edited:
I have the CSL Elite wheel and pedals also and went with the Trakracer TR80 because of availability and the fact that they are located here in the states. The rig is very solid and you can adjust it to fit everyone no matter what size. The pedal and wheel plates are made of steel so no flex there and are predrilled to accept most popular wheels. If you have a load cell brake (which you should if you don't btw :)) this is important. I found a 2011 Mustang bucket seat in a local savage yard and mounted that, very comfortable for hours of racing. You can't do much better than an 8020 rig for the money. I believe also that Trak Racer are developing a motion simulator that will attach to their rigs.

Trak Raver TR80.jpg

Back