3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

Coventry-Climax's mark shows Lady Godiva who rode naked through the streets of Coventry

Powertrain: 1216cc , Inline-4 Coventry-Climax , Dual twin choke Weber 40DCOE , 95 / 6500 rpm , 100 Nm / 5000 rpm , 4-speed manual ZF

Dimensions: Length 3810 mm , Width 1473 mm , Height 1168 mm , Weight 600 kg

Performance: Top speed 185 km/h , 0-100 km/h 9,8 sec

Information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_Elite#1957

Funny Facts: The Coventry-Climax engine was an development of a fire pump engine from the World War II

11.jpg

Other suggestions of Lotus
Elan Sprint Fixed Head Coupe '71 , Elan +2S 130/5 '72 , Europa S '06

Last edited:
Back in the day I had two friends who had Elites, and I took several rides in this revolutionary car. It had a full fiberglass monocoque chassis which preceded the Chaparral 2 by years. The coefficient of drag was supposedly lower than any other road car in the world for multiple decades. And perhaps more importantly, it was considered the most beautiful and elegantly shaped car of it's time. It still looks superb today. David Hobbs raced one of these at the Nurburgring and LeMans, too, I think. It's engine was light, efficient and bullet proof, used in other race cars of the day. I would say it's biggest shortcoming was the fiberglass chassis/body. It degrades over time, I think more quickly than steel of aluminum.
For me this car reawakens memories of first love.

Back in the day I had two friends who had Elites, and I took several rides in this revolutionary car. It had a full fiberglass monocoque chassis which preceded the Chaparral 2 by years. The coefficient of drag was supposedly lower than any other road car in the world for multiple decades. And perhaps more importantly, it was considered the most beautiful and elegantly shaped car of it's time. It still looks superb today. David Hobbs raced one of these at the Nurburgring and LeMans, too, I think. It's engine was light, efficient and bullet proof, used in other race cars of the day. I would say it's biggest shortcoming was the fiberglass chassis/body. It degrades over time, I think more quickly than steel of aluminum.
For me this car reawakens memories of first love.
That was an interesting story, thanks to letting me know :)

Oops...it looks I missed that little beauty. Voted now!
You have maybe missed more cars, but I'm making it easier too find older suggestions , I'm finished soon :) Thanks for voting :D

Back