Major deadzoneF1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter Maxitsu
  • 15 comments
Maxitsu
I am driving whit the Thrustmaster T500, and i have big deadzone. The car won't/can't take a corner... How do you fix it? :banghead:

Last edited:
It's a well known problem of wheel lock which causes car to understeer at some speed/in certain gear.

Pad users don't have issues with that, only wheel users.

I need to put steering saturation up to 80% before its drivable.

Still the car feels like a boat on water. or a plane above the ground. I don't "feel" the car.

It's only the demo, just keep your fingers crossed they improve it in the full game. Like me. :D

Steve Hood:

"Pre-release demos are always created earlier than you'd really want, simply because you have a big list of things that might be annoying you that you want to look into... but don't have the time to resolve for an early demo. Add in the fact that tinkering with the demo means a retest and you can see why it can go out earlier than we might want.

It's not as if we 'fixed' anything or found a problem - after the recent hands-on day in Southam we did pick up on a few comments to do with understeer. This had been bugging me for a while and had been something Lee and I were discussing. In amongst a billion other things we were doing at the time Lee trialled a couple of things and one of them worked really well. I won't go into detail as to what it was/is but we much preferred the change. It makes quite a meaningful difference to the handling consistency, the grip levels and massively reduces understeer frustrations (especially so when racing). I hated the Lemo's prior to this (I couldn't find any consistency) but now I'm able to whip through them as I'd hoped. I stopped raging. It even improved FFB (to get where we'd like to be with this will take a little more work and therefore time but I was finally starting to feel the front tyres). We were getting a little too clever and, much like Jenson Button, decided to go back to basics and work up from there.

I'd like this in as soon as possible but perhaps more sensible types wanted to thoroughly test everything before making it available. We aren't updating the demo and I can't really say what our plans are with regards to the full game but simply know that I want this 'change' to make it through as soon as possible.

Certainly before we join up for some racing ;-)"

Its real easy to take corners in this game, just try not to turn the wheel too much. Seriously. Take parabolica in 4th, slightly brake before easing on to 50/70% power depending on how close you get to the apex. If you miss the apex you will understeer, as you should. Only turn the wheel very slightly, if you are going too fast more steering input only increases understeer. You have to let off the gas slightly, then power back on. If you are still understeering in the middle of the corner you are turning the wheel too far or you are on full power too early, which usually means you are braking too early then getting on the power too early and getting power on understeer. The same thing is true for both lesmos.

I tried the demo yesterday and even though on the wheel settings screen it says DFGT, the force feedback the feel of the car is so off I didn't even bother finishing one lap. I'm not going to buy the new game unless I see other DFGT users post up about their feelings on the game and how the DFGT works.

What ffb level do you have it set at? If it's too high turn it down and make sure you lower the wheel weight and environmental effects as well. I also added 1 degree of deadzone to the wheel.

There's little deadzone on the pad but I wish that a small input didn't result in as much steering input as I got when I played.

Back