• 6 comments
Uruguay
Rivera
Tsukishima-TDUDT
tYNNWTH.png
Marcos LM600 EVO '11
tYNNWTH.png

Marcos Mantara LM600 EVO '96.jpg

In October 1993 Marcos unveiled its new competition car and announced a return to GT racing, including Le Mans. Based on the Mantara, the cars were designated LM400, LM500 and LM600. In order to qualify as a production vehicle, road going cars were also made. Several version of the LM were made such as the LM400 (with a Rover 3.9 litre engine), LM500 (Rover 5 litre) and LM600 (with 6 litre Chevrolet small block V8). Only 30 road going LM cars were ever built and of these only one was a road going LM600.

The original chassis was built in 1995 but never completed. Cor Euser’s Dutch Eurotech team bought the Marcos racing team in 2000, and Euser needed a road-going homologation special to get the required authorisation for his racing LM600 Evos. This chassis was dusted off and new bodywork made to satisfy the officials, although once again the car was never completed.

After sitting around for a decade it was bought by a Marcos enthusiast in 2011 and fully restored – and finally finished. The bulge in the enormously long hood shrouds the 5.7-litre Chevy small block V8; even in racing form drivers said they had to drive looking diagonally out of the car, like in a fighter jet.

The car was recently sold to a private collector and is now with a Lamborghini metallic orange paint job and many other new features. The car is now named "Marcos LM600 EVO".

Specs:
Marcos LM600 EVO '96 specs.png

Marcos Mantara LM600 EVO '96 rear.jpg

Marcos Mantara LM600 EVO '96 side.jpg

Marcos Mantara LM600 EVO.jpg
yellow.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________

Here's another Marcos:

Last edited:
I don't know where you've got your stats from but the owner has stated it's been dynoed at only around 220bhp.

A lot of work went into the restoration of the car but it seems the engine was too much of a problem.

IIRC it's in this thread.

http://marcosforum.org/topic/6034/Marcos-Lm600-Evo-the-latest

And this thread has some nice old photos.

http://marcosforum.org/topic/4006/t/LM600-Library-photos-while-Boycey-gets-his-pics-together.html
The more I read about this car the more I get confused...

From the photos in the thread you linked me to, I can see it was first restored with the metallic orange paint job. I guess that perhaps the owner sold the car later and it got its colour changed to that yellow you see in the last picture, and that maybe the new owner also changed the engine to the 5.7 litre V8, 'cuz I see a lot of place with specs of this car always mentioning it has that engine.

I love that Marcos so much..

I will always love you
I will always love you
I̷͏ ̢w͠͏̕i͏l̨̛l͜ ̕͠al̨͜w҉̶a͘͜y̧s ͘l̡o͡v̸͜͜e̴͟ ̛y͝ou͜͢
I̛҉̤͔͓̳̟͖̣ ̸̦̭̥͟w̟̙͚̕i͝͏̭̼̺͎̖̝̳l͚͉͞l̠͖͉͖͕̳ ̻̭̞̻̬̭̯͘͟ͅá̩̤͇̘l̮̦̜̳w̸̟͈̹a͕̮̺͓̠̪̝̕y̮̲͠͝ͅͅs͏̪̱̗̘̳ ̢͈͚́ḽ͈o̸҉̰̪͉̣̖͙͕v̯̹͖̱̻̹ẹ͖̫͙̟͉̞͈ ̷̺͙͕̻̮͇͞ͅͅy̛̼̖o̴̮̹̗͢ư̵̳͇̘̣̪̰̟̖
Í̧͏̵̺̹̝͔̣̭̩͚̘͈̹̼͚̖̯̼̞ ҉̵͕̪̙̘̯̗͓W̡̩̻̯̱͔̼͇̖̫̰̘̱̞͜͡͝I̴̷̢̢̹̟̹̰̯̝̹̖͉̟̝͇̕L̵̠͓̬͖̳̪̜͕͕̮̘͟L̸̗͇̠̼̤͔͙̲̻͖̱̹͙̠͡͞ͅ ̮͍͈̘̮̪̭͚̟̯͙̞̯͎̀͟͠A҉̵̶͕̦̦̭̙̮̝͎̬͍̻̙͇̘̖ͅͅͅL̵̰͎͎̦̰̦͕͖̺̞̝̲̘̲̕͠Ẃ̸̮͎̤̺͈̫̤Ą̧͜҉̳̺̟Y̳͚̬͓̟͈̪̱̠̣̫̲͟͠ͅͅS̷̜̤͈̮͚̝̞̺͍̭̮̺͇̝͖̥̫̪̀͢͢͝ ̸̡̼͙̟̮̪͙̥̤̙̺̠͍͔̭ͅĹ̞̺͙͉͎͇͎̞̤͎͕̱͖͓͈͔̦̦͝ͅÓ̫̤̘͇͖̲̰͉̞͈̭͕̯̗̯̩̘͟͡͡ͅV͏̷̶̡̯̗͍͈͔͟E̵͜҉͔͔͚̳̞͈̙̦̻̭͍̥̻ͅ ̴͜͟҉̴̪̳̘͓̲̪̭͉̩̮̞ͅỲ̷̝͕͔̝͖̜̻̩̥̻̕͞O̸̲̱̮͔̙̳͇͈̲̰̟̦͉̕ͅU̷̬̲̼̯̼͙͖͍͝͠.̸̶̡͏̱̞̻͔̰̣̻̻̙̱͕̬͔̭̤͍̕ͅ

Yeah, I really like the aero, imho.
You have my vote!

I̛҉̤͔͓̳̟͖̣ ̸̦̭̥͟w̟̙͚̕i͝͏̭̼̺͎̖̝̳l͚͉͞l̠͖͉͖͕̳ ̻̭̞̻̬̭̯͘͟ͅá̩̤͇̘l̮̦̜̳w̸̟͈̹a͕̮̺͓̠̪̝̕y̮̲͠͝ͅͅs͏̪̱̗̘̳ ̢͈͚́ḽ͈o̸҉̰̪͉̣̖͙͕v̯̹͖̱̻̹ẹ͖̫͙̟͉̞͈ ̷̺͙͕̻̮͇͞ͅͅy̛̼̖o̴̮̹̗͢ư̵̳͇̘̣̪̰̟̖
Í̧͏̵̺̹̝͔̣̭̩͚̘͈̹̼͚̖̯̼̞ ҉̵͕̪̙̘̯̗͓W̡̩̻̯̱͔̼͇̖̫̰̘̱̞͜͡͝I̴̷̢̢̹̟̹̰̯̝̹̖͉̟̝͇̕L̵̠͓̬͖̳̪̜͕͕̮̘͟L̸̗͇̠̼̤͔͙̲̻͖̱̹͙̠͡͞ͅ ̮͍͈̘̮̪̭͚̟̯͙̞̯͎̀͟͠A҉̵̶͕̦̦̭̙̮̝͎̬͍̻̙͇̘̖ͅͅͅL̵̰͎͎̦̰̦͕͖̺̞̝̲̘̲̕͠Ẃ̸̮͎̤̺͈̫̤Ą̧͜҉̳̺̟Y̳͚̬͓̟͈̪̱̠̣̫̲͟͠ͅͅS̷̜̤͈̮͚̝̞̺͍̭̮̺͇̝͖̥̫̪̀͢͢͝ ̸̡̼͙̟̮̪͙̥̤̙̺̠͍͔̭ͅĹ̞̺͙͉͎͇͎̞̤͎͕̱͖͓͈͔̦̦͝ͅÓ̫̤̘͇͖̲̰͉̞͈̭͕̯̗̯̩̘͟͡͡ͅV͏̷̶̡̯̗͍͈͔͟E̵͜҉͔͔͚̳̞͈̙̦̻̭͍̥̻ͅ ̴͜͟҉̴̪̳̘͓̲̪̭͉̩̮̞ͅỲ̷̝͕͔̝͖̜̻̩̥̻̕͞O̸̲̱̮͔̙̳͇͈̲̰̟̦͉̕ͅU̷̬̲̼̯̼͙͖͍͝͠.̸̶̡͏̱̞̻͔̰̣̻̻̙̱͕̬͔̭̤͍̕ͅ
I̛҉̤͔͓̳̟͖

What the hell?

The more I read about this car the more I get confused...

From the photos in the thread you linked me to, I can see it was first restored with the metallic orange paint job. I guess that perhaps the owner sold the car later and it got its colour changed to that yellow you see in the last picture, and that maybe the new owner also changed the engine to the 5.7 litre V8, 'cuz I see a lot of place with specs of this car always mentioning it has that engine.

No it's still with the owner that restored it to orange and it's still orange. The yellow is just a trick of the light/camera. It has the original 5.7 V8 that was installed when it was built, no engine change, just the owner stated he should've changed it because it's not very powerful and old.

ICIgeRO.gif

What the heck just happened here?

The yellow is just a trick of the light/camera.
Oh.
vJN47in.gif

Dammit, I really liked how it looked in yellow.
file.php

Back