Mechanical damage "coming in next update"

• Thread starter langy72
  • 29 comments
cheekylang
Via Kaz's official Twitter, he's doing some Q&A's right now it would seem, replying to various tweets.. One of which caught my eye:

@Kaz_Yamauchi: メカニカル・ダメージのオプションは次のアップデートで。おそらく12月上旬あたり。RT @y_mokko: @Kaz_Yamauchi RT @damekuma: オプションでダメージ表現を変更できた方がレベルに縛られないし良いと思う。

...which when ran through Google translate, gives:

@Kaz_Yamauchi: options for mechanical damage in the next update. Probably around early December. RT @y_mokko: @Kaz_Yamauchi RT @damekuma: I think Ishi Makoto was not bound to change the expression level of damage in those options.

This may please some people. Myself included. :)

Oh now it begins again, soon, early... Lets say 2011 ;)

But as I can remember, he told that we will get an performance update on 1st December...

I'd have loved it if he put "soon" instead. What's with all these dates all of a sudden?

Good news nonetheless. I guess there will be a few gameplay enhancements coming soon.

Good news. Is this more evidence that the game was released unfinished and if so what other additions will be made?

How about real HP's? I've seen Skylines with 1400HP, haven't seen anyone do that in GT5... And what about genuine sounds?

Makes all these people who swear the game already has mechanical damage look a little dumb doesn't it..............

Makes all these people who swear the game already has mechanical damage look a little dumb doesn't it..............

He said mechanical damage options, so not saying Mechnical damage full stop. Not that I have seen any yet.

This is good news indeed. But if i recall, Kaz said on multiple occasions that the game would ship with everything in the box. As in, dlc and updates weren't really in the plans.

Perhaps he only meant that for big features and that it was planned all along to constantly update certain aspects of the game?

Any update is definitely welcome though...we're probably gonna play this game for the next two years at least so keep up the updates PD!

This reminds me of my spring break in the Bahamas. We found an awesome little shop that sold really good food and we'd hit it 2 or 3 times a day. One morning we got there around 10am but they were closed. The guy inside saw us waiting out there and opened the door for us to say they weren't open yet. We asked, "When will you be open?" He replied in a thick Bohemian accent, "Real soon, mon." We waited 2 hours until they opened.

I hope within 3 months most of the major problems are sorted out this way.

Development of GT6 could result in the patching of GT5 in many aspects, and since the team doesn't have any other projects besides that, this better be done quickly.

He said mechanical damage options, so not saying Mechnical damage full stop. Not that I have seen any yet.

Would punctures be classed as mechanical damage? Because I got 2 rear punctures in my AMG C63 when running a wangan the other night? Wheelspin in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear didn't really help the matter.
I don't remember if the other GT games had punctures, and I haven't seen anyone mention them yet?

Would punctures be classed as mechanical damage? Because I got 2 rear punctures in my AMG C63 when running a wangan the other night? Wheelspin in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear didn't really help the matter.
I don't remember if the other GT games had punctures, and I haven't seen anyone mention them yet?

I've not seen them, I've run down my tyres so the little health bar is zero, which makes them fun.

I've not seen them, I've run down my tyres so the little health bar is zero, which makes them fun.

When the bars go black (e.g. empty), I'm presuming that is equivalent to a puncture (that is how the LFS tyre system works).

I must admit I didn't look to see if the car visually had a puncture. But they were smoking real bad and just spinning in all 7 gears. I couldn't even drive straight, at all.

Who knows. I guess there weren't any sparks on the road, but that doesn't mean they weren't blown 💡

Yeah that will be great if true :eek: but I thought the new update is going to enable damage to arcade mode via patch.

They need to fix any online issues and gfx glitches first. That should be first priority.

Surely with all the cars in the game the mechanical damage is already there??.

It just comes across like he will "flip a switch" and "hey presto" we all have mechanical damage.

I wonder if this will only apply to premium cars.

AA

This is good news indeed. But if i recall, Kaz said on multiple occasions that the game would ship with everything in the box. As in, dlc and updates weren't really in the plans.

Perhaps he only meant that for big features and that it was planned all along to constantly update certain aspects of the game?

Any update is definitely welcome though...we're probably gonna play this game for the next two years at least so keep up the updates PD!

I personally believe that the whole SDK switch really screwed them up. Poor planning on both PD and SONY's parts, resulting in already finished aspects of the game being left off the disc in order to push it out the door. Of course, this is only my opinion. I don't have anything to back it up with.

I have not experienced any mechanical damage yet (lvl 21) like at the eurogamer expo. Getting visual damage though. Some cars are better at it than others but they take plenty of hits. The look is the best in the business though. Unlike other games its dynamic/realtime here and never the same. Also only the parts where you hit the car affected, in some other games the whole car model changes. The only issue is that they take alot of hits in GT5 so far but as i said I am only 21 and the races are quite challenging now so I hate to crash.

Loving the game though. Definitely the most fun I have had in a long time. Patches are welcome. GT anywhere was planned for december so something to look forward to.

I personally believe that the whole SDK switch really screwed them up. Poor planning on both PD and SONY's parts, resulting in already finished aspects of the game being left off the disc in order to push it out the door. Of course, this is only my opinion. I don't have anything to back it up with.

Seems to be standard with most games nowadays. GT5 isnt buggy or unfinished though, besides leaderships they seem on key and other features are stuff no one else provide. Look at NFS shift where the game had obvious bugs like bouncing/flying cars on straights. It was unplayable on PS3.

For some odd reason my PS3 isn't prompting me for the 1.02 update?

Any way of doing it manually or finding out which version I have?

I did the 1st update but not the 2nd.

Seems to be standard with most games nowadays. GT5 isnt buggy or unfinished though,

It's not? There is a 20+ page thread here about just how buggy it is and damage is getting patched in amongst plenty of things mssing or half way done... I don't see how it's not both buggy AND unfinished.

It's not? There is a 20+ page thread here about just how buggy it is and damage is getting patched in amongst plenty of things mssing or half way done... I don't see how it's not both buggy AND unfinished.

How many times did you post in there?

Seems to be standard with most games nowadays. GT5 isnt buggy or unfinished though, besides leaderships they seem on key and other features are stuff no one else provide. Look at NFS shift where the game had obvious bugs like bouncing/flying cars on straights. It was unplayable on PS3.

I'm hoping they just couldn't fit any more on the disc and will soon go update crazy.

Back