Mercedes-AMG Launches Multiplatform “Virtual Championship”, Starting Today

• Thread starter Famine
  • 141 comments
what made the 1:25.393 the most enjoyable, more time to take in the scenery?
Have you played iRacing or ACC before? They are much more realistic compared to GT7. Don't get me wrong, for a console game, GT7 is pretty good but it don't compete with either of those games. I had bronze in GT7 after 4 laps and just don't want to continue to go faster. It's a very easy and forgiving game. The FFB is not very good and the bass shaker support is lacking due to it being a console game.

3 hours into the challenge on ACC and I was finally breaking into the 1:23 mark. And I felt like I earned it. The VR in ACC is by far the worst I've ever witnessed in a game. I have a 4090 / 13900k PC combo and it looks like absolute garbage. Now take the VR realism of GT7 and the physics / sound of ACC and you have iRacing (huge under statement regarding the physics in iRacing, but not the point). I have 2 hours into the challenge and still in the 1:25's. And I want to keep pushing myself harder and harder to get faster and reduce that time because it's so realistic. 120Hz stable in VR makes it the most enjoyable.

Also if you have a chance, try the DD+, the hacky adapter mess/drive hub needed for the DD1 and DD2 ( That's what I started with ) greatly diminish things. The DD+ with GT7 is truly the best FFB going, highest response rate and consistency and it's head and shoulders above the rest.
My DD1 is PS5 compatible without a drive hub. AFAIK, GT7 does not utilize the new technology in the DD+, so it shouldn't be any different from my DD1.

Have you played iRacing or ACC before? They are much more realistic compared to GT7. Don't get me wrong, for a console game, GT7 is pretty good but it don't compete with either of those games. I had bronze in GT7 after 4 laps and just don't want to continue to go faster. It's a very easy and forgiving game. The FFB is not very good and the bass shaker support is lacking due to it being a console game.

3 hours into the challenge on ACC and I was finally breaking into the 1:23 mark. And I felt like I earned it. The VR in ACC is by far the worst I've ever witnessed in a game. I have a 4090 / 13900k PC combo and it looks like absolute garbage. Now take the VR realism of GT7 and the physics / sound of ACC and you have iRacing (huge under statement regarding the physics in iRacing, but not the point). I have 2 hours into the challenge and still in the 1:25's. And I want to keep pushing myself harder and harder to get faster and reduce that time because it's so realistic. 120Hz stable in VR makes it the most enjoyable.

My DD1 is PS5 compatible without a drive hub. AFAIK, GT7 does not utilize the new technology in the DD+, so it shouldn't be any different from my DD1.
Well the official site says it is not compatible, My DD2 wasn't and required nonsense and it still showed up as something like a Logitech G29.

1724016295627.png

The DD+ is night and day difference and far better. and as for the physics ....

iRacing simulates frustration and the penal system of everyone will suffer and some archaic 1950s braking mini game. It's ok, it's not the worst, but the cultmunity really takes the text book last century dry rotted tire model as gospel and it's why most IRL racers know it needs lots of fixing and tuning up - .

Fortunately Polyphony Digital is leagues ahead when it comes to partnerships with manufacturers and tire companies to focus on fidelity, accuracy, and realism. The Michelin partnership and tire model expertise across all these incredible vehicles to enjoy shows a far more impressive physics model than the tiny number of very expensive iracing cars that often have big gaps, you just learn to deal with in their simcade game.

But fortunately both continue to improve and evolve, though the online racing in Gran Turismo 7 is far more accessible, enjoyable, and far more folks online to keep it very interesting, but the banning and stewarding in iRacing really needs a similar Pro mode monthly subscription equivalent in Gran Turismo 7. Unlimited automatic real time replay saves locally and online servers with proper accountability would redefine the genre. Without accountability, there is very high likely hood at any event/gathering that there is no racing possible.

Well the official site says it is not compatible, My DD2 wasn't and required nonsense and it still showed up as something like a Logitech G29.

View attachment 1382137

The DD+ is night and day difference and far better. and as for the physics ....

iRacing simulates frustration and the penal system of everyone will suffer and some archaic 1950s braking mini game. It's ok, it's not the worst, but the cultmunity really takes the text book last century dry rotted tire model as gospel and it's why most IRL racers know it needs lots of fixing and tuning up - .

Fortunately Polyphony Digital is leagues ahead when it comes to partnerships with manufacturers and tire companies to focus on fidelity, accuracy, and realism. The Michelin partnership and tire model expertise across all these incredible vehicles to enjoy shows a far more impressive physics model than the tiny number of very expensive iracing cars that often have big gaps, you just learn to deal with in their simcade game.

But fortunately both continue to improve and evolve, though the online racing in Gran Turismo 7 is far more accessible, enjoyable, and far more folks online to keep it very interesting, but the banning and stewarding in iRacing really needs a similar Pro mode monthly subscription equivalent in Gran Turismo 7. Unlimited automatic real time replay saves locally and online servers with proper accountability would redefine the genre. Without accountability, there is very high likely hood at any event/gathering that there is no racing possible.

Might be the strangest post I have ever read on here. What on earth?

The DD+ is night and day difference and far better.
This is based off of your DD2, which was not compatible with PS4 / PS5. My DD1 F1 bundle was the first official licensed PS compatible DD wheel. It's no longer sold or available. So you saying that it's night and day difference is false, when comparing it to another Fanatec PS licensed DD wheel base.

I follow Daniel Morad on YT. Just because he has issues with driving a Porsche Cup Car, does not make the game less real compared to GT7. He trains as a AMG GT3 / GT4 Pro driver on iRacing. NOT GT7. Also, he mentions multiple times that this is "his opinion". Not a fact. Here's a video of him comparing the AMG GT4. Watch the end of the video of him praising iRacing.

Fortunately Polyphony Digital is leagues ahead when it comes to partnerships with manufacturers and tire companies
iRacing has 37 current active partnerships. GT has 10 at most.

https://www.iracing.com/partners/

The Michelin partnership and tire model expertise across all these incredible vehicles to enjoy shows a far more impressive physics model than the tiny number of very expensive iracing cars that often have big gaps, you just learn to deal with in their simcade game.
Show me proof of this, rather than the "cut and paste" advertisement.

Now with all this aside, I do not like iRacing simply due to their pay to play eco system. Once my free 2 year subscription ends (DD1 purchase), I will not renew. But that does not take away the fact that it is the most realistic SIM on the market. There's a reason pro drivers train on iRacing and not GT7.

This is based off of your DD2, which was not compatible with PS4 / PS5. My DD1 F1 bundle was the first official licensed PS compatible DD wheel. It's no longer sold or available. So you saying that it's night and day difference is false, when comparing it to another Fanatec PS licensed DD wheel base.

I follow Daniel Morad on YT. Just because he has issues with driving a Porsche Cup Car, does not make the game less real compared to GT7. He trains as a AMG GT3 / GT4 Pro driver on iRacing. NOT GT7. Also, he mentions multiple times that this is "his opinion". Not a fact. Here's a video of him comparing the AMG GT4. Watch the end of the video of him praising iRacing.

iRacing has 37 current active partnerships. GT has 10 at most.

https://www.iracing.com/partners/

Show me proof of this, rather than the "cut and paste" advertisement.

Now with all this aside, I do not like iRacing simply due to their pay to play eco system. Once my free 2 year subscription ends (DD1 purchase), I will not renew. But that does not take away the fact that it is the most realistic SIM on the market. There's a reason pro drivers train on iRacing and not GT7.

They 100% haven't even watched the video they sent themselves. Daniel, in that video, says iRacing has the most accurate braking feel/technique in any sim - not some "1950s archaic mini game". Says it not even 5 minutes in, it's at 4:10.

I get the impression they were banned or something from the platform and are just vehemently lashing out about someone enjoying it. Bloody embarrassing post that is.

Last edited:
...so we needed THAT kind of unhinged post in a thread about a Multi-platform competition for what reason now?

I managed to get my iRacing time down to what my ACC time is. I'm gonna take a long break from Laguna and the AMG GT3.

I cannot register on the website page on GRan Turrismo 7. The button just quickly vanishing after I press register... :(
Its done, buddy. Logged in and got the credits for setting a time (Managed Silver in my case, which netted me a Million Credits).

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure it ended today
Thank you for you feedback, mate! I finally managed to register through my smartphone and Discord.

Its done, buddy. Logged in and got the credits for setting a time (Managed Silver in my case, which netted me a Million Credits).
Hi buddy! Thank you for you feedback! I registered yesterday through my smartphone (via AMG Lounge Website) and their Discord. Quite a sophisticated procedure. And scored Bronze in the time trial. Let us see what will be further.

Looks like the GT7 drivers have yet to be contacted but the other game's racers are getting notifications. So far it seems that the raffle winners are within the top 100.

Top 28 qualifiers, pending eligibility, registration, etc:

Kylian19 (FRA)
B. Hencsei (HUN)
K. de Bruin (NED)
M. Buhdeima (GBR)
S. Cardinal (CAN)
F. Bertani (ITA)
VQS_Iceman (DEU)
S. Moreno (ESP)
Antonio Santos (FRA)
Laporty (SAU)
G. Coluccia (ITA)
L. Bonelli (BRA)
J. Balding (GBR)
A. McCabe (USA)
A. Haydar (NED)
M. Hafidi (FRA)
M. Rosolen (ITA)
G. Mangano (ITA)
F. Cervi (ITA)
Manurodry94 (ESP)
Turismo (FRA)
D. Alunni (ITA)
P. Kremer (HUN)
A. Carrazza (BRA)
KimiMatt (NED)
GTB_Dajo_top (CZE)
T. Jeffrey (CAN)
Miumiu (GBR)

Follow the link, find your time, screenshot, DM them. Good luck!

Thanks, but that doesn't show my time, just the entire leaderboard. I could find my time if I knew what it was or what position I finished, but I don't know either of those things.

Seems like they've taken down the first come first served notice and have all their Division 2 drivers now anyway.

Appreciate the help though.

Thanks, but that doesn't show my time, just the entire leaderboard. I could find my time if I knew what it was or what position I finished, but I don't know either of those things.

Seems like they've taken down the first come first served notice and have all their Division 2 drivers now anyway.

talk to @half_sourly and he can find you, he has full excel lists

Aannnd how are we supposed to do that when there's no way to view the time we set anymore 🤦‍♂️
Yes, that very much doesn't appreciate that GT obliterates the part of the game where you can easily see that almost the instant the event is done.

Although it was available still last Thursday 'cos I had to 'Shop it out of my TT article screenshot.

It's also worth noting that a bunch of top drivers didn't see/appreciate the need to register for it and therefore didn't qualify...

Nobody (to my knowledge) has recieved a reply yet. And the notice is still up on discord.

Last edited:
Nobody (to my knowledge) has recieved a reply yet. And the notice is still up on discord.
I was looking in #Announcements and forgot they've made an entirely new channel for this, so yes it does still seem to be active. I managed to dig out my time (1:21.012 so a fairly weak gold) and have submitted it with no expectations that anything will come of it.

Thank you and @Barareklam for helping me find my time. As Famine pointed out, it would have been much easier if we could have accessed this from the game 🙂

Well, I am not surprised, they made it quite confusing on how to sign up for the event. Why couldn't they just have a simple registration form in the GT7 Time Trial window like Honda does with their competition?

Well, I am not surprised, they made it quite confusing on how to sign up for the event. Why couldn't they just have a simple registration form in the GT7 Time Trial window like Honda does with their competition?
Trying to move traffic to their website, would be my guess.

Back