Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren "McLaren Edition" 2011

Skygrasper550

Back and forth between gaming and Gunpla
Premium
Philippines
Philippines
skygrasper_550--
It's pretty much a well-known fact that the SLR supercar is a joint project between Mercedes-Benz and McLaren Automotive (hence why Top Gear gave it the nickname "McMerc" in their Test Track's Power Lap leaderboard). Built in 2003 and stopped production in early 2010, It had around 6 variations, including the standard model (standard, Roadster, 722, 722 Roadster, 722 GT, Stirling Moss). But all of these models were more Mercedes than McLaren. So, have you ever wondered how the SLR would be like if it was the other way around? If it was more McLaren than Mercedes? Well, one year after Mercedes-Benz discontinued this amazing and glorious machine, McLaren decided to have their take on the car: the SLR "McLaren Edition". This variant retains much of the specs from the 722 variant but it features a most noticeably new bodywork, new interior trim, new exhaust and upgraded steering and suspension. Clearly, it's the most serious of all the road-going variants of the SLR.

One thing though, if this car WOULD make its way to GT7, it should be classified as a McLaren, not as a Mercedes, since at the time this was built, Mercedes officially stopped production of their SLR line of vehicles. I think that would do this car justice.

Specs:

Engine: V8 SOHC
Power: 641 hp
Torque: 605 ft.lb
Transmission: 5-speed automatic
Weight: 1630kg (approx.)
Drivetrain Layout: Front-Engined, Rear-wheel Drive

mercedes-benz-slr-mclaren-edition-c931905022013195703_2.jpg

c472630072012010723_1.jpg

McLarenEditionSLR_6.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:
It definitely looks better than the other SLR variants. 👍

I agree, that revised bodywork from McLaren really kills it. Screw subtlety, making this car look more aggressive is the way to go. :D

Sticking on a P1 style front bumper doesn't suddenly make it a true McLaren for me.

That's the best SLR McLaren I have ever seen. I personally like the white one in the first picture the most.

Yeah, the black bits of the bodywork sticking out on the white one look really nice. What I love about it is that the grilles at the sides of the Mercedes logo were made separately and given a more aerodynamic shape. That is what I call "attention to detail". :D

Sticking on a P1 style front bumper doesn't suddenly make it a true McLaren for me.

This car will never be a true McLaren no matter what they do to it, because of the fact that it's a joint project. But since all SLRs since 2003 have been built in McLaren's factory, and that Mercedes officially stopped production of the car in 2010, there's no other choice but to classify this car as a McLaren.

It's not that impressive TBH. I'd rather have the 722.

In essence this car is just a more refined version of the 722. I don't know about you, but I've rather have this. :P

Back