Mercedes Isdera Spyder 1986

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 8 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

StarLight Garage present a very rare Spyder, The Mercedes Isdera Spyder ... a tremendous exotic from Isdera in collaboration with Mercedes or should I say a tremendous exotic Mercedes in collaboration with Isdera. In fact it doesn't matter to me, what matters is the final result.

Image%202a.jpg

Never heard of a Mercedes Isdera Spyder? No shame , there are only 17 built and only three survived. What happens to the others, I really don't know?

The small carmaker Isdera designed in 1983 in collaboration with Mercedes this Isdera Spyder, in fact, the roadster version of the Isdera Imperator. Under the hood they put a Golf GTI engine but that was before the knock on Mercedes door for a better engine.

From 1985 Mercedes replaced the engine by a Mercedes 190E 2.3-16 ( 185HP) block and got the car type designation 033-16 . Later, there were modern Mercedes engines used under the name 036i .

Each Isdera was, and still is to the customer's put together . No one Isdera is the same. In this rare occasion, we could chose for the exterior a solid silver color and for the inside a bright blue leather.
Unfortunately, the Gullwing doors of the Imperator could not be used in the Spyder , and therefore was chosen for double doors.

The special feature of this Isdera Spyder is that he's allowed to wear the brand Mercedes Isdera most are sold off under his own name.

The Mercedes Isdera from 1986 can bring up between the 140,000 and 150,000 euros .

Specifications
Engine: Mercedes Strait 4
Position: Mid Mounted
Aspiration: Natural
Valvetrain: DOHC
Displacement: 2294 cc / 140 in³
Bore: 95.5 mm / 3.8 in
Stroke: 80.25 mm / 3.2 in
Power: 126.8 kw / 170 bhp @ 5800 rpm
Torque: 218.3 nm / 161 ft lbs @ 4750 rpm
Redline: 8000 rpm
Body / frame: Composite Plastic
Driven wheels: RWD
Curb weight: 921.62 kg / 2030 lbs
Weight distro: 50 % / 50 %
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Top speed: 231.7 kph / 144 mph
0 - 60 mph: 7.5 seconds
0 - 100 mph: 10.7 seconds

Isdera_spyder_1.jpg

i1h8v7.jpg

THE OTHER MERCEDES ARE HERE

Last edited:
This is maybe one of the most strangest looking cars I've seen in a while. It even has tailights from a Merc sedan!!
Could only be the product of 80s....

This is maybe one of the most strangest looking cars I've seen in a while. It even has tailights from a Merc sedan!!
Could only be the product of 80s....

Back in the '80s these tailights was the "trademark" of all Mercedes-Benz :cool:

Back