MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 Edition

United States
California
crunchMONKY78
crunchMONKY78
Pretty sure i'm not the only one playing this.. would post in the other
rather popular Minecraft thread but that more of the PC / online scene.

Anyways, I'm wondering is it possible for worlds to generate without
certain resources? Like I can not find clay.. i've done a rather good search twice now
and no luck. Anyone have any tips?

I think this should be moved into the official minecraft thread. Clay can be pretty rare. I also noticed you can look into oceans for spots of clay. Best way to deal with water is to make a form of what you are going to dig and get rid of the water.

This can be its own thread I guess, as the other thread is talking about the PC version only I believe. Unless the other thread is prepared to have two different conversations about two (at the moment) very different games then the mods will merge the two together.

I don't mind this this thread being merged, but not sure how well it would work out
being the other thread is mainly for the PC version with Mods.

Thanks for the tips.. I'll try following the few river beds a little more closer. I mainly covered the coastlines in my search. But even if all the clay is near rivers, there is not going to be a plentiful supply.
And not really interested in starting a whole new world just for one resource.

I also know that MC X360 is running the beta 1.6.6 from the PC, so of some who have played from back then know that clay is quite scares.
Once again another game that was released before it was fully done.

I also know that MC X360 is running the beta 1.6.6 from the PC, so of some who have played from back then know that clay is quite scares.
Once again another game that was released before it was fully done.

Umm... it is fully done or else 4J Studios wouldn't have distributed the game. As Jeb said, there will be constant updates to the game. And as for the version number, Xbox Edition is currently a beta, but should be pulled out of beta phase once the game gets to PC version number 1.0.0.

Umm... it is fully done or else 4J Studios wouldn't have distributed the game. As Jeb said, there will be constant updates to the game. And as for the version number, Xbox Edition is currently a beta, but should be pulled out of beta phase once the game gets to PC version number 1.0.0.

Didn't I just say that the xbox version is considered beta 1.6.6 ???
:dunce:

lol.

Anyways the clay is indeed quite troublesome to find, it looks like grey sand by the way, and is always next to sand.
I loved it when the PC version was like this, you had to work for it, and it sold for a premium.

Still haven't found any claybeds, but spent more time with it over the
weekend, and I've learned a few things.

1. More animals can be found floating in the ocean then on land.

2. Easier to get lost then I thought on such a small world. And kinda lonely
place really.

3. Chickens do not explode when hit. It was the Creeper that snuck up
behind me.

4. Choose tools wisely. Use Stone pickaxe for majority of work, and use
the Iron pickaxe for veins.

5. A marker system for the map is greatly needed.

I hate that the game doesn't pause... ever. i was uploading a facebook picture, and was blown (not in a good way), from behind by a creeper while doing that. doesn't pause while hitting guide button either.

one part of my map, i've hit bedrock... am i to understand, you can mine that right? also, found gold, and the red rock dust stuff.... what i'm trying to find is diamond though right now. i have a lava fall running straight into a water fall, and it makes non stop obsidian... but i can't mine it without the diamond! where the hell is the diamond!

I've been lucky where I picked my first mine. While digging down I dug into a rather large open space pocket with lava. Found several veins of iron, red rock,gold and diamonds. Diamond veins appear light blue'ish.. Just be sure to mine them with something better then a stone pickaxe. I do believe there is a youtube video that show what level depth diamonds are normally found.

I watched this and it helped out a bunch with diamonds.

3. Chickens do not explode when hit. It was the Creeper that snuck up
behind me.

i was uploading a facebook picture, and was blown, from behind by a creeper

I gotta say these two quotes gave me a good laugh.

The damage that Creeper's do borders on unreasonable.

Nothing like putting a few hours into building a nice little place to call home, and then BOOM.
Your house is now a crater. Your cave dwelling is now an open air hole in the wall.

Although the one "house" that has managed to survive now has Zombies
respawning inside. So I've left that one behind to find somewhere else to build.

Any idea's on how to heard sheep? I've trapped one in a rather deep pit but when I came back for it.. well. let's just say I need a new one. :mischievous:

Wow it's been a while sense anyone posted in this thread.
The game is now at 1.0.1
So much better to play these days. Next "main" update will provide a few more cool things too.

Back