Momo Racing Wheel pedals and GT5

• Thread starter Mr. Boy
  • 2 comments
ham_vet001
So I got GT5 today and it works with my Momo wheel. Only problem is that the game reads the default pedal travel to be at about 20% with my brakes and 15% with the throttle. Which means I have to pull back the brake pedal with my left foot if I want to totally come off the brakes (I don't feel I have to do this with the gas). I first got this issue while playing Rfactor about a year or so ago, and I tried fixing it using these instructions: http://web.axelero.hu/mozso/momo_e5.html, but it only worked for a short while before cropping up again. To get around this, I installed DXTweak2 and changed the pedal calibration. But there isn't any program like DXTweak2 for the PS3 is there? Would the "squash ball" mod I read about fix this, or do I have to open up the pedal set and try fixing it again?

I had exactly the same problem with Gran Turismo 5 and my Momo Racing wheel. Mostly it appeared with brakes but somethis also with throttle.

I found out that the problem is with the position sensors / connectors inside the pedal box. They get corrosion or similar problem that can be removed by spraying anti-moisture or cleaning substitute to the two connectors inside the pedals. The effect last few days.

It is pretty annoing to open the whole pedal box so often so I recommend you to drill two holes to the bottom of the pedal box so that you can use the spraying can without opening the bottom. When you open the pedal box, take a good look at the position of the springs for the pedals...

Back