Money glitch economic impact on legendary and used car evaluations

• Thread starter Josephs
  • 16 comments
Australia
Australia
Any thoughts on this, considering Polyphony regards this a “known issue” to patch?

I understood that the prices are adjusted based on economic factors, such as how popular a car is. Given that a number of players are “wealthy” now, might this have an affect on evaluated car prices?

If so, in a way aren’t the players who are glitching somewhat inadvertently ruining the economy for all players?

Not sure where you are getting this info from, it's completely false.

The Legendary cars have prices based on the real-life values of the cars as evaluated by Hagerty (hence why it's advertised in the dealership) while used cars are more or less made up, as are the Brand Central prices.

With your logic, the Alfa Romeo 8C '38 is very popular? If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say it's one of the least used/bought cars in the game.

Last edited:
Not sure where you are getting this info from, it's completely false.

The Legendary cars have prices based on the real-life values of the cars as evaluated by Hagerty (hence why it's advertised in the dealership) while used cars are more or less made up, as are the Brand Central prices.

With your logic, the Alfa Romeo 8C '38 is very popular? If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say it's one of the least used/bought cars in the game.

Yeah you may be right. I can’t find info on how I based my thoughts here.

You are right for the legendary cars, the evaluations were known to align with Hagarty.

As for the used car dealership, I can’t find why I thought the appraisals and value changing daily were effected by users. I know that you can only sell one car per day, it just added up in my mind that this was almost like some kind of auction house.

My bad on this one. Just trying to think of other factors around the money glitch.

Almost all the prices are based on real-life valuations. The newer Brand Central cars (other than the free HiMedic) are based on the price (converted to US Dollars/Euros for the North American/European versions of the game) of the new car in the showroom in their country of origin. The "zero-mile" price of older Brand Central (cough...LFA...cough)/UCD/Hagerty's cars are based on what Hagerty's says they're worth in super-mint condition. For older BC/UCD cars, that's frozen just before their release in the game, while those in the Hagerty's dealership are dynamic.

In the UCD, unless the car is a "hot" car or a "special pick", there is a mileage-based discount, though PD hasn't turned on the RNG that changes mileage in several months. The "hot"/"special pick" designations have no special meaning in Hagerty's.

As for the resale value, that's a pseudo-random range that is centered on a percentage of the current "zero-mileage" price of a car. Notably, when the Ferrari 330 P4 became a 20,000,000-Cr. unicorn, its resale value matched its purchase doubling over the course of 3 weeks.

The only effect "popularity" has on anything in the game is whether a UCD/Hagerty's car is a "special pick".

* I should amend this slightly. The prices of the modern racing, tuning house and VGT cars are all made up out of whole cloth.

Last edited:
As for the resale value, that's a pseudo-random range that is centered on a percentage of the current "zero-mileage" price of a car.
What about that rally car that we all got loads of with the ticket glitch? The price of that has just gone down and down as people have sold them back to the game, and I assumed it was the large number of people selling them that was driving the price down.

What about that rally car that we all got loads of with the ticket glitch? The price of that has just gone down and down as people have sold them back to the game, and I assumed it was the large number of people selling them that was driving the price down.
The median resale price on the Honda NSX Gr.B was likely adjusted by PD because of the ticket glitch creating "easy" money, and PD/Sony just can't have that.

Unless you have some weird definition of "low miles garage queen," no, you can't.
I live in california , Id go so far as to day 60% of all S2000's on earth were sold here . Pre pandemic I was looking at 100k mile ones for 7-12 k . The garage queens were in the 18-25k range . Today prices are in the 25-35k range for garage queens and 12-18k for a 100k mile ones. Some cars here are in the 50-60 arrange but are almost all heavily modified, special trims, or are sub 10,000 mile collector cars NOT in California. I can still find 90's accords and civics for under 5k here on the daily while in other parts of the country they go for double due to scarcity.

Just for reference google post dealership links , Personal sellers on Craigslist are always 20-40% less.

16k miles one owner AP1 of the highest trim , for 42k ( can probably talk them down to 38-39 k ) . Mind you sponsored links are almost always high priced cars .. I could find comparable in the low 30's if i searched.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231112-105554~2.png
    Screenshot_20231112-105554~2.png
    212.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
In your very own link you posted, there's a low mileage one for 23k, and another for 32k. 😂

Uhh, absolutely you can. Do some autotrader searches... plenty out there.

I live in california , Id go so far as to day 60% of all S2000's on earth were sold here . Pre pandemic I was looking at 100k mile ones for 7-12 k . The garage queens were in the 18-25k range . Today prices are in the 25-35k range for garage queens and 12-18k for a 100k mile ones. Some cars here are in the 50-60 arrange but are almost all heavily modified, special trims, or are sub 10,000 mile collector cars NOT in California. I can still find 90's accords and civics for under 5k here on the daily while in other parts of the country they go for double due to scarcity.

Just for reference google post dealership links , Personal sellers on Craigslist are always 20-40% less.

16k miles one owner AP1 of the highest trim , for 42k ( can probably talk them down to 38-39 k ) . Mind you sponsored links are almost always high priced cars .. I could find comparable in the low 30's if i searched.
Fair enough. I guess I just have a different definition of "low mileage garage queen" than you do; mine is 10k miles and less.

Back