Monza gr. 3 endurance

• Thread starter Depo
  • 23 comments
Belgium
Belgium
I have tried this race in Porsche and finished 4th, 1 minute behind the leading car.
I drive laps of 1: 51 and the leading car 1:49
Is there a better car to use, i don't want to try them all to find out

I have tried this race in a Italia 458 Gr3 and did not manage to get to first.

In tests with Racing Hard tires, the fastest Gr3 car I have for Monza is the VW Beetle Gr3. I may try that out when I have a lot of spare time.

I have tried this race in Porsche and finished 4th, 1 minute behind the leading car.

Use SS tires.That should make you do 1:44.xxx or faster lap times.And if you "buff" the car (with lower weigh and more power) you can go even faster.

I use the 458, stock power, level 2 weight loss... roll bar and diff tuned... think I changed the aero as well(more) and run race-medium tires.
Makes for an easy win... getting the clean win bonus is also achievable.

I’ve done it with numerous cars.

Just as long as you are equipped with RM or RS tires, you’re good to go. Power increase and weight reduction won’t hurt; just not too much power though.

I've done this with a few cars. All i have done is reduce weight as much as I can on level 1. I then run typically on fuel map 4 to 6 and just try to keep consistent! AI will make a tonne of mistakes so just be patient!

Going to try it with the 911, sound like it could be a challenge! Also haven't managed a clean race on this one yet!

ok i've justed finished this race with a volkswagen beetle gr.3
destroying the competition
no power added, no weight reduction, not tuned
driving laps of 1:48 i was in the lead at lap 15
if you like a challenge use the porsche. I can't win with it but others might :)

Last edited:
I have won with many cars. I knock they weight down, HP to highest stage 1 setting, and run the softest tires, I think you can use RSS in this race, I stop every 7-8 laps but usually in the lead for good by halfway. I try to get the clean race bonus because I dont have many credits to buy cars, it seems like I get the same 4 crap cars for my daily workout and have to buy all of my GR3 and Gr4 cars. Because there are no gift cars for winning races and you cant sell gift cars for credits its pretty hard to get credits in GTS.

I drove the AMG GT gr.3 on RS tyres, pit every 7 laps and last 9 laps RM. Full refuel every pitstop, Fuel consumption 1. No weight loss at all, finished 1:20 before 2nd. Piece of cake

I tried this with the new Supra concept, stock, but even on fuel 3 it burned through fuel after fewer laps than the Beetle and i had to pit every 7 laps so I finished well back in third (2nd but for a silly mistake half way).

With the Beetle I could do 9 laps meaning one less pit stop making for an easy win.

The Aston Martin is a great car around Monza, has one of the highest power to weight ratios so is fast down the straights. Bit twitchy in the corner but it doesn't matter too much :)

I used the Gr3 Viper no added pts or decreased. I think it was even BoPd.

I won by almost a lap. I used RS, RM, RH and RS I think? I can't remember if I pitted 3 or 4 times, it was a while ago.

I used the Corvette, RH tires, stock settings, and fuel on full power. I got out front within 5 or 10 laps. I run the RH tires because they'll go like 15, maybe 20 laps on one set, so your pit stops are much faster since they are fuel only. I also play on a wheel, not sure if the matters or not.

Did the whole race on Lean mix, GT by Citroen GR. 3 and won by 1:20, no ss tyres used, get gud :lol:

Did the whole race on Lean mix, GT by Citroen GR. 3 and won by 1:20, no ss tyres used, get gud :lol:
¨

Holy 🤬, you're quick. God damn. :bowdown: Except you've replied to a post that's more than two years old and the user hasn't been here since October 2019. :lol: Plus back then the physics were quite different to what they are today so your "get gud" comment is quite irrelevant. Mate. :lol:

¨

Holy 🤬, you're quick. God damn. :bowdown: Except you've replied to a post that's more than two years old and the user hasn't been here since October 2019. :lol: Plus back then the physics were quite different to what they are today so your "get gud" comment is quite irrelevant. Mate. :lol:
oh well still a bangin win :cool:, also what is the absolutely worst gr 3 car, like awful at everything? Cos imma do a 24hour race in a few months and in practice, the AI is awful and i pass them all from p20 by lap 2 at the nurburgring:scared: i want an acc challenge, any recommendations?

the AI is awful and i pass them all from p20 by lap 2

That's why no one with even the slightest skill bothers with GT league (except for very easy credits). The AI is so unbelievably slow and stupid that the races are nothing more than "how quickly can you get from last to first" challenges. Peugeot VGT Gr. 3 is quite terrible on worn tyres (at least from my experience) but I doubt that even in that car will this be any more difficult. Oh, wait. You can try putting wet tyres on it. That might actually be a challenge. :lol: If you want ACC level of challenge then you will not find it anywhere in GT League. SPORT MODE is where it's at. There you will quickly realize that you are not as quick as you think you are.

That's why no one with even the slightest skill bothers with GT league (except for very easy credits). The AI is so unbelievably slow and stupid that the races are nothing more than "how quickly can you get from last to first" challenges. Peugeot VGT Gr. 3 is quite terrible on worn tyres (at least from my experience) but I doubt that even in that car will this be any more difficult. Oh, wait. You can try putting wet tyres on it. That might actually be a challenge. :lol: If you want ACC level of challenge then you will not find it anywhere in GT League. SPORT MODE is where it's at. There you will quickly realize that you are not as quick as you think you are.
oh my days a 24 hour race on wets wow ahaha and anyways, im not the quickest on a hotlap but in races my consistency shines through most of all in SPORT mode, mainly because everyone else is reckless

oh my days a 24 hour race on wets wow ahaha and anyways, im not the quickest on a hotlap but in races my consistency shines through most of all in SPORT mode, mainly because everyone else is reckless

Oh, I just remembered. There is actually a real offline challenge in this game and that is the Lewis Hamilton DLC. Getting all golds is quite easy but beating Lewis' times will take you some time. Have you done that one? If you haven't then I recommend it. It's only like 5 euros (not really sure but it's cheap) on the PS store. It's not races, just hot-lapping but it is an actual challenge.

Oh, I just remembered. There is actually a real offline challenge in this game and that is the Lewis Hamilton DLC. Getting all golds is quite easy but beating Lewis' times will take you some time. Have you done that one? If you haven't then I recommend it. It's only like 5 euros (not really sure but it's cheap) on the PS store. It's not races, just hot-lapping but it is an actual challenge.

That Merc in the Hamilton challenges is just awful. The front tires start howling if I just think about turning in it pushes so bad, that car is miserable. I guess I have not learned how to drive it fast yet, I sure would like to see a replay of these guys going a second or more faster than the Diamond times.

That Merc in the Hamilton challenges is just awful. The front tires start howling if I just think about turning in it pushes so bad, that car is miserable. I guess I have not learned how to drive it fast yet, I sure would like to see a replay of these guys going a second or more faster than the Diamond times.

Yeah. Especially TRL_Lightning's Dragon Trail run (with LH's ghost on :lol:). I think he was like 1.5s quicker in that one. That is freaking insane. Not even Lewis can beat that one. I agree (and so does everybody else), the car is an understeering POS and is the biggest downside to this DLC. If I was a racing driver and my engineer would set up my car like that, I would slap him in the face repeatedly. :lol: It really doesn't like turning at all. But I've read somewhere on this forum that since 1.57 the understeer has become more manageable. Haven't tried it myself but I am definitely going to. The 100 mil for it is too tempting to not give it another go. I've only diamonded the Nordschleife and that only took 2 laps. That one is way too easy. But I think we're getting a little off topic in this thread. :lol:

i should buy it yeah

If you want ACC level of challenge then you will not find it anywhere in GT League. SPORT MODE is where it's at. There you will quickly realize that you are not as quick as you think you are.

Quoted for truth. I found this out and know I'm not going to get any faster so I rarely bother with Sport Mode. That's probably why I find a few of the races in GT League challenging. I do win them eventually.

I haven't bothered with any of the enduros yet although Monza was one I tried but I had to give up due to something real life needing doing and have just never been back to it.

Back