multi monitor support with F1 2012 ?F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter menos | M6
  • 7 comments
Please correct me, if I am wrong, but it is stated, that in that review, only the PC version has been tested with triple screen.

I cannot find a confirmation of triple screen being supported with either PS 3 or XBox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBozZK5iR9o
Only Forza and GT series support triple screen. Triple screen set-up is cheaper on PC than 3 consoles (plus 3 copies of the game). If you want triple screen and/or 3D then PC is the way to go. There is little reason for developers supporting triple screen on consoles when gamers having that kind of money to spent on gaming will have a gaming PC.

Only Forza and GT series support triple screen. Triple screen set-up is cheaper on PC than 3 consoles (plus 3 copies of the game). If you want triple screen and/or 3D then PC is the way to go. There is little reason for developers supporting triple screen on consoles when gamers having that kind of money to spent on gaming will have a gaming PC.

Not necessarily. Forza 4, xBox 360
TripleScreen.jpg

Not necessarily. Forza 4, xBox 360
TripleScreen.jpg

I wrote " Only Forza and GT series support triple screen." which both are console's exclusive games. That's very expensive to pay for triple screen for only one console game which you can build a gaming PC for the same amount of money which has tons of games you can run triples and 3D.
IMO Gt5 and Forza 3 &4 were very good games but not that good to buy 3 consoles for.

It's a real shame no more sims are released with triple monitor support - this is on an entirely different level of immersion.

… and to end those meaningless PC vs console discussions - no, for the price of a good deal on three working XBox 360 or PS3 + three copies of the respective software, one cannot built an adequate gaming PC system, supporting the same kind of experience with that little of actual technical issues involved.

The triple monitor setups of GT5 and Forza are simply working and easy to setup.
I use Mac computers for years and would not want to buy a PC and twiddle with Microsoft software, if I get enjoyment and a simple running console simulator with all those choices of fantastic production cars to race.

I will look into options of modifying my triple monitor setup into running much larger screens, to single screen software as the F1 series can be enjoyable with just one screen running.

Currently on three 26" monitors it is much to big a step back, to even spend 60 EUR on one F1 2012 software.

Actually for me the fact, that there are way too little options in software is the only fact, holding me back from upgrading to a 5 system multi monitor setup - I would love to do this with large screens and have a true wrap around view in GT5 with production cars.

It's a real shame no more sims are released with triple monitor support - this is on an entirely different level of immersion.

… and to end those meaningless PC vs console discussions - no, for the price of a good deal on three working XBox 360 or PS3 + three copies of the respective software, one cannot built an adequate gaming PC system, supporting the same kind of experience with that little of actual technical issues involved.

Wrong
Build a Gaming PC Under $500 2012
Even this cheap PC will run triple screen (5760X1080) a lot better than PS3 and X360 can run a single screen in 720p.
Remember you have to buy three copies of every console game you want for triple screen.

P.s Eyefinity is so simple to use that even a caveman could do it.

Last edited:
Back