My automatic B-spec driver using Lego robotics

• Thread starter Matrixi
  • 40 comments
Finland
Finland
So, I hated the whole b-spec mode right from the beginning since I couldn't just leave my Bob to do his thing, but yesterday I just had gotten enough. This is the result of a little tinkering with my trusty old Legos. Call it cheating if you will, I'm just making GT5 b-spec work like it used to in GT4. :)

I knew one day I'd find a good reason for keeping my children's old lego. And the wife said all it was doing was gathering dust!!!

Nice one mate, you're an inspiration.;)

lol what about one of these

drinking-bird.jpg

genious !!! I was wandering how to do that without software / programming, but getting back to LEGOs is too smart :)
congrats on your improved Bob :)

I made the exact same thing out of knex like a week ago lol

Only difference is that its more of a piston design that sits over the controller and continually hits the X button every second or so, even when it's not needed. Thing is you have to be there when it finishes or it'll automatically start the race again, and I'm just now realizing thats not really a bad thing 💡 I'll post a pic later

And yes, this really does show how utterly monotonous B spec is.

What you need is this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N6oXLUDy-4

You can restart too :)

I have been looking for another way to do this by using a PC to send Bluetooth signals to the PS3 with a simple script running the show but finding a program to do this has proved rather hard :(

I have found several threads and some interesting linux experiments along with some hardware that proves it would be possible to setup (it translated normal IR signals and sent them via bluetooth to the ps3 through a PC) but have not seen any executable windows apps for this idea :(

B.T.W The above video has nothing to do with me but I think it is genius :)

Edit.

Someone commented on the video above stating that a USB keyboard works with the Enter and Down arrow key stuck down and it does during the race but needs pressing again after the race to get it going again. so :) and :( If this is old then I am sorry for wasting anyones time.

All the best,

Last edited:
Here it is:
dsc00871mb.jpg

If that doesn't work, put this in the address bar:
http://img211.imageshack.us/i/dsc00871mb.jpg/

The yellow rod in the motor spins causing the rod and blue thing over the X button to go up and down, and hit the button.

P.S. just kidding about the automatic restart I said in the first post. It gets hung at the driver experience screen :dunce:

how does it start the race again when you have to press circle to get out of the part where it shows your retard driver level?

Yeah it can't restart by itself that was my fault lol. I thought it could but then I tried it and obviously it got hung at the screen you mentioned, as I said above:

P.S. just kidding about the automatic restart I said in the first post. It gets hung at the driver experience screen :dunce:

Back