My Budget Handbrake and Formula Insipred wheel for under £30

vasiliflame

(Banned)
Wales
Cardiff
no thanks
Cash is tight for me at the moement and probably for a lot of us everybody try's diy mods in the sim world sometime and another and with christmas here on our doorstep i have no cash for luxurys so for a stop gap until 2013 when i know i will be able to upgrade my wheel and pedals without making the family go through any hardship i decided to modify my exsiting wheel and pedals and added a few other things, i like to share with you all what i have been up to last few weeks .

Pedals: Fiat Abarth HGT pedals (free) i modified the springs by streaching them , Added sofa type memory foam inside brake pedal for a stiffer feel (what else can you do with thease lol) vibration motor for lock ups
IMG-20120501-00203.jpg
IMG-20120505-00218.jpg

Rseat screen mount (free) its a modified CRT Tv wall mount

IMG-20120518-00284.jpg

Gear Seq removal Shaft extension Origanal knob kept, pedals and power wire relocation .
DSC_0529.jpg
DSC_0530.jpg

DFGT SEQ mounted on Rseat
DSC_0532.jpg

DFGT Clutch and forth pedal for handbrake
DSC_0533.jpg

DFGT Temp cover a mircrowave meal container cut to shape no one have noticed yet :dopey:
DSC_0534.jpg

DFGT hand brake Made today very rough at the moemont made for another £5 wheel (SEEN THEM ONLINE FOR THAT PRICE CEX UK 3 in stock ) mounted my dfgt seq in there on the Rseat gear holder, i dint have plans sorry just put together as i was going

DSC_0547.jpg
DSC_0548.jpg
DSC_0549.jpg
DSC_0550.jpg
DSC_0551.jpg
DSC_0552.jpg

DFGT F1 (inspired) wheel in making the internals for the doner wheel i used for handbrake proto wheel and 2nd layer ready to cut hoping to use all buttons for switches

DSC_0553.jpg
DSC_0554.jpg
DSC_0555.jpg

thanks for looking

Some good ideas there.

Pedals look very interesting.

Looking forward to seeing the finished wheel.

To Build the handbreak i used this wheel as a donor , removed steering axis mech put a wood stop on left axis and using right axis for handbrake (analog) the steering in orignal wheel was very strong and will snap back really hard and fast will cause damage if you get its way , wheel can be found online for £5 form cex uk and they have 3 in stock if you intrested in trying it .

I will use all the internals from donor wheel in the F1 (inspired wheel) for buttons

HDualForceWheel.jpg

HDualForceFront.jpg
HDualForceBack.jpg
HDualForcePedals.jpg

Few updates

F1 wheel layout
DSC_0547-1.jpg

Rim Pattern
DSC_0548-1.jpg

Tiny wheel iam using to copy (Anyone know what wheel it is?)
DSC_0549-1.jpg

Diy wheel boss , been waiting for an adapter from dereak speares for over 8 months as he didnt have any stock E-mailed him but was told see if he can get some next time unfortunetly looks like they been discontinued now not showing on site so Diy again lol
DSC_0554-1.jpg
DSC_0552-1.jpg
DSC_0551-1.jpg
DSC_0550-1.jpg

My old Diy rig :crazy:
DSC_0200.jpg

I had to share this my child suffers from cerabl palsy and we like to use disabled parking if we can so we have a bigger area to get wheel chair out , but this is what we found in a local supermarket car park if it wasnt funny i would have really been pissed off, people have no shame not a disabled parking permit holder
DSC_0482.jpg

I need advice on rotatry encoders or turny knobs ,not sure what iam looking for or how to wire them up, also do anyone know a good way to make a quick release mechinism ?

Thank you mate much appreciated , still working on wheel since i am sanding by hand its taking a while he he

Back