My DIY pedal extensions for Logitech G29

• Thread starter Outspacer
  • 5 comments
United Kingdom
UK
Outspacer
I was asked to show how I made some extensions for my G29 pedals, so here we go :)

These extend the arms by 36mm. This is the distance between the two screws holding the pedal plate on, so the lower screw ends up screwing into the original upper hole in the arm.

front1.jpg

The top screw has a nut on the back:

back1.jpg

The big 22mm hole allows the original plastic risers to fit snug against the extension:

front2.jpg

Side view showing that some of the sides needed trimming to avoid hitting the case and leave that screw clear:

side2.jpg

The three screws holding the extension solid MUST be short enough to avoid hitting the piston:

top1.jpg

These are the dimensions of the aluminium u-section that I used. It's quite hard to find with short sides - I would've preferred 1/2 inch, but 3/4 inch was the closest I could find:

u-section.png

Optional replacement riser, which would avoid the need for the large hole...
Wooden replacement for the plastic riser, that I'm using to get the pedals closer to the arm (more like G25/G27). This was the tester! To avoid chipping like that I did the holes for the rest before cutting the wood. Top is curved to match the rear of the plastic part of the pedal plate, just done with a hand file and sandpaper.

riser1.jpg

Template for the drilling etc was done in kicad (not an ideal choice, but I had it loaded!):

template.png

Kicad project files attached. Its printing comes out with correct dimensions on my printer...

Attachments

• gt_pedals.zip
    3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Thanks for this, stumbled across it whilst researching doing exactly this for my set.

Thanks for the diagram as well.

You're welcome! I imagine you won't need any assistance to make some given your outstanding work on rims, but I hope having the measurements saves you some time :)

I saved enough profile to make a longer set of extensions, but haven't felt the desire to - this length has been fine for me under my size 12s (47s).

You're welcome! I imagine you won't need any assistance to make some given your outstanding work on rims, but I hope having the measurements saves you some time :)

I saved enough profile to make a longer set of extensions, but haven't felt the desire to - this length has been fine for me under my size 12s (47s).

Thanks for the compliment! It's actually scrap aluminium from the wheels that I'll be using.

Yeah, your measurements are really going to save a lot of time, plus I won't have to cart my pedals to and from work to make them either!

Thanks again.

Latest Posts

Back