My GT7 Set Up - Next Level Racing F-GT, Fanatec GT DD Pro & CSL Pedals with Load Cell

• Thread starter Zero7159
  • 7 comments
Zero7159
I got the Next Level Racing F-GT cockpit and the Fanatec GT DD Pro and the CSL pedals with load cell. The F-GT assembly is pretty straightforward, I owned the same cockpit a few years ago and it’s good to see it is still great. GT7 is so much more fun with a good wheel and pedal set. The direct drive FFB is nice and strong, the GT rim looks very cool and its surprisingly functional and it feels good. The paddle shifters are very nice even though they are plastic, nice click, they get the job done. Pedals are great, load cell brake is the only way to go, plus the throttle has a nice feel to it. The F-GT is a nice cockpit, surprisingly comfortable even though it seems to work better as something closer to an F1 seating position.

I am ready for PSVR 2, mine should arrive on Wednesday. My plan is to go VR only for sim racing on PS5 and so the TV is temporary. I have a 48 inch LG OLED for my non-sim racing PS5 gaming.

IMG_7146.jpeg
tempImageLfJCLN.jpg
IMG_7129.jpeg
IMG_7098.jpeg
IMG_7126.jpeg

Last edited:
I got the Next Level Racing F-GT cockpit and the Fanatec GT DD Pro and the CSL pedals with load cell. The F-GT assembly is pretty straightforward, I owned the same cockpit a few years ago and it’s good to see it is still great. GT7 is so much more fun with a good wheel and pedal set. The direct drive FFB is nice and strong, the GT rim looks very cool and its surprisingly functional and it feels good. The paddle shifters are very nice even though they are plastic, nice click, they get the job done. Pedals are great, load cell brake is the only way to go, plus the throttle has a nice feel to it. The F-GT is a nice cockpit, surprisingly comfortable even though it seems to work better as something closer to an F1 seating position.

I am ready for PSVR 2, mine should arrive on Wednesday. My plan is to go VR only for sim racing on PS5 and so the TV is temporary. I have a 48 inch LG OLED for my non-sim racing PS5 gaming.

View attachment 1232306View attachment 1232313View attachment 1232308View attachment 1232309View attachment 1232310

Sweet. Do the wheels resemble rollerblade wheels? I've been looking at that stand for a while and wonder how realistic it would be to roll it in and out of a nearby room.

P.S. Your going to love vr

You still need the TV to start up the PSVR2. After that you can shut the TV off. I find that tuning, buying cars, etc. is much more comfortable without the PSVR2. I recommend a wireless over the ear headset, it and the PSVR2 together remind me of wearing a crash helmet.
I have a wheel coming but it's not the official one. Last time I set up a rig was for GT4, which I run on a CRT with a Logitech wheel.
Oh, if possible, get a replacement plan on that PSVR2 and a way to keep it dust free when not in use. The lenses inside are crazy fragile, as are aftermarket ones. The unit's saving grace is that if you can keep the lenses intact, the immersion is absolutely stunning.

Sooo!

How’s the new rig holding up?

Does the vr headset’s head band work with the seatback?

Stability?

While it doesn’t look as if you haed them, do the casters look viable? I have a space issue and would be rolling that one in from another room regularly. Currently i carty in the next level stand, but kinda twanged my back, so a bit motivated to do a little reading about cockpits.

You still need the TV to start up the PSVR2. After that you can shut the TV off. I find that tuning, buying cars, etc. is much more comfortable without the PSVR2. I recommend a wireless over the ear headset, it and the PSVR2 together remind me of wearing a crash helmet.
I have a wheel coming but it's not the official one. Last time I set up a rig was for GT4, which I run on a CRT with a Logitech wheel.
Oh, if possible, get a replacement plan on that PSVR2 and a way to keep it dust free when not in use. The lenses inside are crazy fragile, as are aftermarket ones. The unit's saving grace is that if you can keep the lenses intact, the immersion is absolutely stunning.
You don’t need TV to start the PSVR 2.

Back