My Second Season...F1 2010-2016 

United States
Southeast MI
BubbleBelly542
I have a few races left and have been offered a contract for Virgin. Currently I'm driving for Lotus. So should I stay with Lotus or go to Virgin? I'm very new to Formula One so I don't know teams well.

Also, will I be offered more contracts before the end of the season?

Being offered contracts depend on if you beat your rival along with your finishing position in the championship. If you have a good season with a high place on the points table you should get good contract offers.
About taking Virgins offer, I think the cars are nearly the same.

They're slightly better then Virgin, but the cars are extremely similar. Just choose which livery you like better.

HRT, Lotus and Virgin are all fairly slow.

The likes of Force India, Sauber, Williams and Toro Rosso are better (Actually I think Toro Rosso are fairly slow in the game too). Williams would be a good, solid midfield option but they are not as good as Force India or Sauber.

If you get an offer from Mercedes, Mclaren, Red Bull or Ferrari, bite their hand off.

I got an offer from Ferrari at the end of my first season. I took it, considering I already had a Drivers and Constructors championship under my belt.

RedBull>Mclaren>Ferrari>Mercedes>Renault>Sauber>Toro Rosso>Force India>Williams>Lotus>Virgin>HRT

Correct me if i'm wrong.

In my case, i started with Williams, and every season, the team got better under me, by my 3rd season, me and Barrichello where always qualifying in the top 5.

There's a tier system, it goes like this:

1st season tiers -
(Red Bull, Mclaren, Ferrari)
(Mercedes, Renault)
(Toro Rosso, Sauber)
(Williams, Force India)
(Lotus, Virgin, HRT)

If you beat the other teams in your tier, then the team moves up a tier for the new season. The last team in a tier moves down a tier for the next season.

gorsad
There's a tier system, it goes like this:

1st season tiers -
(Red Bull, Mclaren, Ferrari)
(Mercedes, Renault)
(Toro Rosso, Sauber)
(Williams, Force India)
(Lotus, Virgin, HRT)

If you beat the other teams in your tier, then the team moves up a tier for the new season. The last team in a tier moves down a tier for the next season.

Yeah, but be careful though. A second season with Caterham will make your teammate 3 seconds faster, while your car stays the same. Could just be a glitch, but it's happened to my twice, pre and post the patch. There are minor differances in those teams though, and I think Force India might be faster then STR. If's weird that the AI runs on a team system while the cars don't.

True, but I wish it would move you up 2 tiers if you do really well. For example, I'm driving for Force India who are currently in the constructers championship, but I know at the end of the year they'll only move up one tier. It'd be better if the team moved up 2.

BubbleBelly542
Since the cars can get better, could I get KERS (I'm new to F1, it is KERS right?) on my Lotus eventually?

Prior to release Codemasters said that if a team without KERS finished 8th or higher that they'd get KERS, but in the they end seems like it doesn't work that way; which is sad because I really wanted to do a 5-year career with Lotus, but don't want to not have KERS the whole time.

I would suggest that you don't take an offer from a bottom 3 team unless you have to.

And I'm convinced that Sutil is a horrible driver. In my first season of a new career, (full expert), I got the championship with 278 points while Sutil finished 18th with 0 points. How insane is that!

So am I right in thinking that in career your car won't improve in performance from season to season but your teammate might?

kennyuk77
So am I right in thinking that in career your car won't improve in performance from season to season but your teammate might?

Pretty much. Your car might improve a little bit (maybe a couple of tenths), however depending on what team you're on you're teammate can improve by up to 3 seconds :(

Latest Posts

Back