New Cockpit design-Handbrake coming soon!

• Thread starter nismo4life
  • 9 comments
Well its come to that time when I finally decided to stop being lazy and design a cockpit lol. I am currently using a super ghetto setup (pictured below) and I've gotten tired of the active suspension built into its design. My design will include a 5.1 surround sound setup, an actual handbrake inspired by nurburgrings cockpit, a few switches on the dash to control certain things, and if im lucky maybe even a cooled/heated seat. I will upload my horrible hand drawn design as soon as i can scan it but i just wanted to give you guys a heads up that something big is on the way :) Until then, enjoy this picture of my ghetto ass setup. Thanks for stopping by, will update in a couple of days. (and for the record, the labels and the car are part of an inside joke, i would NEVER EVER make something that vomatrocious)

UPDATE
Here's a picture of my design, still very rough but its the first one and btw, its not perfect lol, i realized after finishing that someone would need like 6 foot long legs to reach the pedals so it might not have that entire front tip, just a straight slope down.
14343307dw.jpg

Ghetto Setup

ahh Need For Speed: Underground 2..How does the wheel work with that game? Not a bad setup btw, mine is going to be similar for a while until I either build or buy one ;)

DrPepper
ahh Need For Speed: Underground 2..How does the wheel work with that game? Not a bad setup btw, mine is going to be similar for a while until I either build or buy one ;)
The wheel is simply amazing. I find it more fun to cruise around than actually racing lol, Drag racing is harder and so is Drifting, all in all i love playing with this wheel unless i play something like Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero or 3, they dont support the 900 degrees and in the 270 mode or w/e it is, the car lags when you turn the wheel so i perfer the DS2 for those, but i cannot wait till my cockpit is done :D i will be living in the basement with everything i need, minifridge stocked with racing fuel :sly: and i will also be rocking a 2nd pair of cables so all i have to do is unplug my system, walk downstairs, plug it in and voiala(sp?) and i will also be rocking a metal DDR mat for the basement aswell...i found my new hang out lol

GT_Fan2005
NAWZ! :lol:

Is that for real?
haha no, im in a car club and i got bored so i did that and posted it on the forums, lil inside joke :sly: "...granny shiftin, not double clutchin like you should..."

See im cool i got myself a double clutch :cool: :dopey: lol

I noticed your sketch shows the DFP mounted to a flat surface. IMHO you should angle the DFP mounting surface such that the steering wheel itself is nearly perpendicular to the floor....does that make sense? In reality the wheel should be about like you've drawn it but because of the way the DFP is made it would actually sit at severe angle...like a truck or a bus and probably awkward to use especially because of where you're mounting the seat. Not being critical...just tryin' to be helpful. Many of the pictures of other folks' cockpit show an angled mounting surface for the DFP. Just check around a bit.

EDIT: Ooops...never mind...I just looked at some of the other cockpits...most of them are actually mounted on a level surface....I've got mine on an angle...maybe that's why I'm such a horrible driver.

Hey nismo, what kind of chair are you currently sitting in? I am not sure what to use for the time being. I was considering my recliner because I plan on sitting there for hours at a time and comfort is a must. Any ideas?

DrPepper
Hey nismo, what kind of chair are you currently sitting in? I am not sure what to use for the time being. I was considering my recliner because I plan on sitting there for hours at a time and comfort is a must. Any ideas?
I am currently sitting on an Executive style pleather office chair. Its comfortable when on the comp, but there are no bolsters and it moves from side to side and its HORRIBLE for my ghetto setup lol. I am hoping to pick up an RSX, 92+MX-6, S2000 or cheap sparco/momo/recaro. I've seen RSX leather seats go on ebay for 450 for a pair, yea they were tan but do i care? lol, this btw are the seats if you didn't know what they looked like.

Pretty sweet for stock seats ehy?
test2_400x264.jpg

i was thinking of a 6spd h shifter...but it doesnt look like it will work to well so im just gonna stick with a sequential mounted at my side with a slot for reverse because i hate pushing triangle....plus i can beat the **** out of the seq. shifter i'll build and not have to worry about breaking it :)...maybe the buttons will break though lol...

Latest Posts

Back