New! ONLINE B-spec Challenge Seasonal Event

• Thread starter bigburt82
  • 133 comments
bigburt82
bigburt82

NOTE: New patch to install first! Gran turismo 5 version 2.01 @ 112 MB

ONLINE B-spec Challenge

Yes! You are reading correctly - a new B-Spec Seasonal Event as requested by hundreds of fans on GTP (thank you Kaz & PD!).

This is a B-Spec event for the fastest driver from your "My Drivers" list. Special prizes are awarded to those placing in 3rd place or higher.

Tracks:

1. 400PP High Speed Ring /5 Laps
1st: Cr.125,000 2nd: Cr.76,100 3rd: Cr.66,800
Prize: Random Helmet

This B-Spec race event takes place on the High Speed Ring. Tire selection is limited to Sports/Hard or less, and tuning is allowed up to 400PP. The recommended My Driver level is Class 10.

2. 500PP Rome City /5 Laps
1st: Cr.170,000 2nd: Cr.103,200 3rd: Cr.90,700
Prize: Random Suit

This B-Spec race event takes place on the Rome City course. Tire selection is limited to Sports/Hard or less, and tuning is allowed up to 500PP. The recommended My Driver level is Class 20.

3. 650PP Tokyo Route 246 /10 Laps
1st: Cr.220,000 2nd: Cr.133,900 3rd: Cr.117,700
Prize: Random Helmet

This B-Spec race event takes place on the Tokyo Route 246 course. Tire selection is limited to Racing/Hard or less, and tuning is allowed up to 650PP. The recommended My Driver level is Class 30.

OCD: Sorry, no new OCD
Drift & Time Trials: Time Trial 21 still there, no sign of Drift Trial 21 yet...

Add me on PSN: bigburt82

Thanks.

Last edited:
Omg.......really? yawn, loathe bspec:yuck:
For the sake of objectivity did the 1st race.....
nope, still loathe bsec, it is ass.

High Speed Ring was pretty easy. First brought a SX4 WRC before realizing its probably better to used a car tuned up than one detuned. Brought a Lancia Delta 91 and won running away.

Haven't done the other two yet. Should be lots of fun though.

Finally, some decent B-spec. Hopefully it will mean I can leave the pilot in auto-run whilst I watch my football matches.

Finally a B-spec seasonal. I've been hoping for one for a while.

Horrible. B-Spec wrecks GT5 single player career for people who like to DRIVE. Now it is wrecking what scant little new driving there is to do in the seasonal updates. I wish B-Spec had never been born! It sucks!

NOTE: New patch to install first! Gran turismo 5 version 2.01 @ 112 MB

A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
The main contents of the update are as follows:

[Major Changes and New Features]
- Compatibility of Kart Space I/II with cars other than racing Karts
It is now possible to race on Kart Space I/II of the DLC in cars other than racing Karts in online races and in the Free Run of Practice.
(In the one make races of the Arcade mode and Practice, the courses are still limited to racing Karts.)

- Expanded the car restrictions in the Online Lounge
It is now possible to simultaneously set [Car Restrictions], [Performance Points], [Power], and [Models] in regulation settings. ( [Vehicle Tuning] must be set to [Unrestricted] and [Car Restrictions] must be set to something other than [Select from Garage].)

[Other Improvements]
- In the Open Lobby, it is no longer possible to vote to kick out the person who created the room. (If the player leaves the room after creating it then comes back, they are then subject to the vote.)
- Adjusted the force of the steering wheel returning to center after a race when using the “Guillemot T500RS”.
- Improved the steering model when driving racing Karts with the DUALSHOCK®3 Wireless Controller, to prevent overly spinning out.

[Correction of Known Issues]
- Corrected an issue where the BGM would stop playing when returning from the Lounge to the Open Lobby.
- Corrected an issue where if further engine tuning was performed on a car that already had engine tuning, the engine tune field would become incorrect when changing setting sheets.
- Corrected a discrepancy in the numerical figures in the setting sheets.
- Corrected an issue where wheels and horns would become different in every setting sheet change.
- Corrected an issue where the removal of aerodynamic parts and wings would not be implemented when changing setting sheets.
- Corrected an issue where the TCS and ABS settings would change when changing setting sheets.
- Corrected an issue where if a certain operation was performed when using a steering wheel controller with an H pattern gear shifter, the shift lever position, gear position display and the car operation would become mismatched. (On the Logitec G25 Racing Wheel, Logitech G27 Racing Wheel, and Guillemot T500RS + TH8RS Shifter.)
- Corrected an issue with the key assignments on the Logitech G27 Racing Wheel.
- Corrected an issue where the driver hand motion did not match the steering wheel motion.
- Corrected an issue where autopilot would not be disengaged after returning to the course, when resuming an endurance race where the pit lane was entered at overspeed before saving.
- Corrected an issue where the Practice ranking board would reset if the weather change/time change setting was changed when editing an existing track in the Course Maker edit screen.
- Corrected an issue where no courses could be saved in the Course Maker if the update (2.00) was installed without going through earlier updates.
- Corrected an issue where an error would occur at game start if the update (2.00) was installed on a system that has a save data that has never been updated from the first version.
- Corrected an issue with the Hybrid System simulation on the Toyota Prius G Touring Selection ’03, Toyota Prius G ’09, Toyota Prius Touring Car.
- Corrected an issue on the Ferrari F10’10, where drivers were experiencing random vibration.
- Corrected an issue where the wheel color would not appear correctly in pit work, if the wheel had been repainted.
- Corrected an issue where the [Reset to Default] button was not functioning on cars that originally come with turbo kits, when other turbo kits were installed.
- Corrected various other issues regarding the update and the DLC.

[To Check Your Current Version]
To check the version of your software, press the "Manual" button at the bottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located on the upper left of the index page in this manual.

If the number starts with "Ver. 2.01", you are playing the latest version of the game.

If not, please press the PS button and quit the game. The game will be updated automatically when you restart it with your PS3™ system connected to the internet.

BWX
Horrible. B-Spec wrecks GT5 single player career for people who like to DRIVE. Now it is wrecking what scant little new driving there is to do in the seasonal updates. I wish B-Spec had never been born! It sucks!

Dude, B-spec is not an obligatory thing. Chill out before you start crying LEAVE BRITNEY AAALLLYOOOOOOONNNNNEE!!!.

Dude, B-spec is not an obligatory thing. Chill out before you start crying LEAVE BRITNEY AAALLLYOOOOOOONNNNNEE!!!.

LOL- but it is currently replacing actual driving as there is no A-Spec seasonal. Instead we get B-Spec which requires no actual driving.. in GT5, the ''Real Driving Simulator''. It has nothing to do with being obligatory or not.

Think about it.

A GT update that removed B-spec would be quite welcome on my PS3. If it wasn't for the fact it initially held cars I wanted I would never have played it all. An utter waste of my electricity bill.

And the ladies come out rubbing their eyes, crying again. lol
I love internet sobbers......
On the other hand, glad to see a B-spec seasonal.

Guys check your tires before you start. The description says Sport/Hard but the Tokyo race allows racing hards. Th xp seems decent. I put Bob on the High Speed Ring and he jumped from Level 1 to 10

B spec seasonal? *Yaaaaaaa..................................................................aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn*

Never played B-spec. I have no Bobs.

It worked OK in GT4 when you could swap and speed up time for the endurance races, but really it holds no interest for me.

Currently running HSR in an '89 Mazda Miata, with ballast up to 1000kg and power limited down with just a High RPM turbo. With gearing set to 130mph at redline, I got 1st half way through lap 2 :D

Glad to see Bspec getting a little more attention as well. I'd really like to see an online lobby for bspec along with being able to set some wagers.

BWX
LOL- but it is currently replacing actual driving as there is no A-Spec seasonal. Instead we get B-Spec which requires no actual driving.. in GT5, the ''Real Driving Simulator''. It has nothing to do with being obligatory or not.

Think about it.

Uh, I thought about it, and not getting a new A-spec Seasonal that nobody promised to you has nothing to do with B-spec Seasonals. Did you actually notice that most Seasonals are actually permanent, and there's about 20 to choose from?

Does anyone prevent you from driving? No.

Apparently you think that you can enter a race only once and then never look at it again. Try online. New races every day.

Newsflash:

If you don't like B-spec you don't have to play it.
If you don't like racing suits and helmets, you don't have to equip them.

Just thought I'd spell it out for the people that can't think for themselves.

eran0004
Newsflash:

If you don't like B-spec you don't have to play it.
If you don't like racing suits and helmets, you don't have to equip them.

Just thought I'd spell it out for the people that can't think for themselves.

👍

Im currently doing HSR in the FT-86, and i'm thrashing the opposition.

I tried a fully souped Nissan GTR to the maximum PP and came 11th with no input.

Any suggestions about what to run? It wouldn't let me use racing hards on Tokyo only sports hard...

hugo24
I tried a fully souped Nissan GTR to the maximum PP and came 11th with no input.

Any suggestions about what to run? It wouldn't let me use racing hards on Tokyo only sports hard...

Im using power limited Zonda R and just starting the last lap 8 seconds ahead of second. No input from me aswell.

Im using power limited Zonda R and just starting the last lap 8 seconds ahead of second. No input from me aswell.

Just finished the tokyo race with the zonda R... fully tweaked suspension seems to do the trick... lower the LSD accel to 20 also. Finished .04 ahead

Back