New spill around Deepwater Horizon drilling site.

• Thread starter Drevenger
  • 7 comments
Canada
Canada
tur1smo2023
Coast Guard is investigating reports of a potentially large oil slick in the Gulf of Mexico not far from the Deepwater Horizon site. According to a knowledgeable source, the slick was sighted by a helicopter pilot on Friday and is about 100 miles long. A fishing boat captain said he went through the slick yesterday and it was strong enough to make his eyes burn.

(visit the link for the full news article) Related News Links:www.nola.com
www.huffingtonpost.com

I could spare a good news now. :nervous:

I hope this is a false alarm. Its fairly recent but i dont expect MSM in america to talk about it. Right now their focus is about the Libya no fly zone, even if there's rumors Ghadaffis attempted "suicide". Look like everything is fine in Japan... :\ i cant believe this.

This sounds like a false alarm, most likely. The slick could even be some "fallout" from the BP blowout in 2010.

Grand Isle Fire Chief Aubrey Chiasson said crews are making progress, and that his own observations tell him the oil washing ashore is from a finite source, not anything like the non-stop gusher that he and other residents of his community contended with subsequent to the April 20 Macondo well blowout.

From a local Louisiana paper. The national news outlets don't seem too interested in this story.

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20110322/HURBLOG/110329832/1223?p=1&tc=pg

Yeah those are from this week. I haven't seen any recent news about if they sealed the well or it stopped leaking or what. Either way, more oil spilling in the Gulf is never a good thing. :indiff:

Latest Posts

Back