New to F1 2011 Online racingF1 2010-2016 

United States
New York
JadedWriter
Hello I’m new to this site and I actually joined because I’m looking to find people to race against in F1 2011. I got off today and it boiled down to a destruction derby. I try to pass some guy at the start and I get spun out, people try to overtake me and spear into me, people crash and aim for me getting out of it, I try to overtake and get Schumie chopped…it’s no fun. I’ve recently over the years become a fan of F1 and became interested in it and it’s rich history. My PSN is JadedWriter. I’m far from the best and I do tend to turn wide at times, but hopefully I’ll get better, but I’m usually not prone to doing a Vettel at Spa 2010. I will also be getting GT5 soon, but I will seriously need time to build my collection.

Yeah, the online can be quite horrible. Racing with friends in closed lobbies is a lot better as there usually very clean (depending on your friends). If all your friends are offline then you should probably just play career or grand prix. You can add me though.

psn: jcm-16

jcm
Yeah, the online can be quite horrible. Racing with friends in closed lobbies is a lot better as there usually very clean (depending on your friends). If all your friends are offline then you should probably just play career or grand prix. You can add me though.

psn: jcm-16
Thank you. I'll have to add you when I'm done with Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.

If you want clean racing you should go to custom grand prix and hit the search button. It will then pop up with a list of races that are happening. Most of these races involve qualifying and the race (which is usually 20%). But most of those guys in those lobbies are super fast and I tend to get left behind at the lights.

Those are sometimes clean, but usually there's someone - or quite a few people - who either crash you for fun or crash you simply because there driving far too agressive.

Yeah, joining a championship of some sort is your best bet to see some clean racing. I've never seen any intentional incidents in our championship, for example. People are generally more friendly if their reputation is at stake. :P

Thanks for the advice. I don't mind getting smoked. I personally don't know how the hell someone crank's out a 1.14 at Malaysia. I'm just in it for the fun.

1.14? You can't. Unless you're cutting more corners than a rally driver.

Eh I know I've checked the top of the leaderboards and saw some retarded times. Think I saw like a 62 second Monaco or something. And I thought I was hot sh@t with a 1.19.

You can't hate the most legendary track in F1 history. :sly: Yeah, it's a tough one. There are guys who have spent way too much time just mastering that track alone. Give it time and you'll get it. Also, watch some YouTube videos of guys doing hot laps there. :)

If I'm not racing I'm slightly less sloppy...don't ask me for corner names...I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable as you guys.

I don't know many of the names either. I just know what they look like when your driving in them or watching on TV.

Here's a link to an official map of monaco.

http://www.formula1.com/races/in_detail/monaco_869/
Note: You have to turn 'Turn Numbers' on.

I take corners 2,9,13 and 14 flat out. Use the driving line to teach you where to brake, and within a short time you'll be a lot faster

Also the French Raceworks setups that Mr S has are very good. They make it a lot easier to drive. He's got a link to it in his signature.

jcm
I don't know many of the names either. I just know what they look like when your driving in them or watching on TV.

Here's a link to an official map of monaco.

http://www.formula1.com/races/in_detail/monaco_869/
Note: You have to turn 'Turn Numbers' on.

I take corners 2,9,13 and 14 flat out. Use the driving line to teach you where to brake, and within a short time you'll be a lot faster

Also the French Raceworks setups that Mr S has are very good. They make it a lot easier to drive. He's got a link to it in his signature.
Makes sense. Only trouble for me is coming out of flat out and braking properly for the slow windy parts. I actually went back to it and miracled my way to a 1.16. But it's funny how I'm faster on Brazil and Canada.

Are you playing with ABS off, because braking from high speed with ABS off is hard.

Try not to push too hard and lift the brake pedal a little bit, should work.

It's like this:

Brake - get off the pedal for 0.1 seconds - brake - get off the pedal for 0.1 seconds again - etc.

It's like this:

Brake - get off the pedal for 0.1 seconds - brake - get off the pedal for 0.1 seconds again - etc.
I'm pretty sure I have ABS on and Active braking off. I usually try to attack the curbing, but take too much curb and get a penalty, and there's one where I get half way around the curb, but my right rear will hit the curb and spin me over. So far it's that one track where I can't develop a rhythm to it.

It's like this:

Thanks, I'll try that next time I play

Latest Posts

Back