New update has ruined my steering on a wheelF1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter ECGadget
  • 31 comments
United Kingdom
England
ECGadget
Eh???
So, I have just done the update to F1 2012 on PS3, and I am now in an extremely bad mood. Simple reason: my G27 now has the full 900 degrees of rotation active... So I can't go around a single corner of any lap. Before it was locked to about 200 degrees (I think), and it was absolutely perfect. Anyone know how to fix this?

So, I have just done the update to F1 2012 on PS3, and I am now in an extremely bad mood. Simple reason: my G27 now has the full 900 degrees of rotation active... So I can't go around a single corner of any lap. Before it was locked to about 200 degrees (I think), and it was absolutely perfect. Anyone know how to fix this?

Yes, I've found a easy solution for that problem. Simply sell your F1 2012 copy. Just sell it or swap for any other game. 👍

I had the same trouble after the update. I solved it easily. My setting before the update were all 0% except steering linearity 30%
after the update I simply turned
steering saturation upto 70%
kept steering linearity on 30%
& all other steering settings on 0% & hey presto. This works 100% & gives the 200° steering lock feel as before the update.
I use a Logitech G27

Last edited:
LERK84
I had the same trouble after the update. I solved it easily. My setting before the update were all 0% except steering linearity 30%
after the update I simply turned
steering saturation upto 70%
kept steering linearity on 30%
& all other steering settings on 0% & hey presto. This works 100% & gives the 200° steering lock feel as before the update.

Brilliant, I'll try that now

Well, after trying that, I've found the the steering rack is much shorter, like before the update... But it's still not locked...

On top of that, is it just me or does the game feel a lot more arcady suddenly?

And thank you for the help!!

I do not currently have 2012, but I have 2010 and 2011 and each game programs the same steering wheel differently. It is important to use time trials to test various settings and find one that you feel the most comfortable using before you give up on the game. To my understanding one of the major reasons for the update is to improve steering wheel control!

I'm just annoyed that the update has really messed the game up... I mean, now I've changed the saturation, I've got the 200 degree feel back, but now the cars just don't seem to have the 2012 characteristics, it's more like 2011. Plus, the wheel just doesn't feel right anymore...

I agree with the patch ruining the experience. I have just uninstalled the patch as I don't go online with this game and now enjoying driving on my gtpro again. I'm annoyed though at having to do so as I have to now put up with the weather bug in my career mode. I can put up with it however for proved driving and a spot on steering.

Has the North Americam PS3 patch been released yet? Scary to hear the 'feel' has changed; I liked the original 2012 physics the best of the 3 games so far; at least with my G25

Last edited:
I don't' see nothing wrong with the update. The car seem more solid, and steering is way much better. I don't see how you can drive with 200 degree, that's more of a arcade than a Sim.

I don't' see nothing wrong with the update. The car seem more solid, and steering is way much better. I don't see how you can drive with 200 degree, that's more of a arcade than a Sim.

Zuel,

Did you get the update already???

After adjusting my DFGT settings (60 saturation, 20 linearity, everything else 0) I found the steering to be a major improvement, to me it now feels more progressive and precise. I was thinking about selling the game due to the steering feeling so numb and dis-connected, this update saved F1 2012 for me.

Zuel

The cars aren't supposed to be solid and the steering is supposed to be figity and hard to handle. And there is a simple reason why I can drive with 200 degrees: F1 cars have a lock around 200-230 degrees, driving an F1 car with 900 degrees is impossible, even in real life.

The cars aren't supposed to be solid and the steering is supposed to be figity and hard to handle. And there is a simple reason why I can drive with 200 degrees: F1 cars have a lock around 200-230 degrees, driving an F1 car with 900 degrees is impossible, even in real life.

Closer to 320-380, not 200-230. CM don't intend for you to drive them with 900 degrees of rotation. This was done to allow each player to cater the steering ratio to your own preference. Before this change, saturation was useless.

mu22stang
Closer to 320-380, not 200-230. CM don't intend for you to drive them with 900 degrees of rotation. This was done to allow each player to cater the steering ratio to your own preference. Before this change, saturation was useless.

Looked it up, max looks to be 270, which does make sense. And I can partly understand why they've done it, but they've REALLY screwed up the feeling of the game now...

No they didn't. And stop saying that. Me personaly put a lot of effort to talk with Hood and Mather, specially with Mather, to get this change. Me and some 2 other guys were having a long debate around this and I managed to get in touch with Mather and prepare him to consider this as a worth change. And luckily he finds that change in steering worth too. And I am proud of myself that I managed to fix steering for all console players. The feeling now is better than before. Now you have a chance to alter the degree rotation just as PC users can via Profiler.

Instead of asking how to setup your wheel to get right feeling you keep saying this patch ruined your game.

Real life F1 cars do have more than 270° of rotation they just dont usually steer that far but their full rotation is definitely over 360° they change the speed of the steering rack for the track there on & if youve ever seen a driver reversing to get out of a situation you will notice the have a lot more than 270°.
Also the update hasnt ruined the game, just changed it (for the better I say)
I use a Logitech G27
saturation 70%
linearity 30%
all other steering settings to 0% throttle & brake as you wish. Also I use NO car assists just racing line on corners only

Hi.
Try playing with the "saturation level" in the "advanced wheel settings".
I'm using a Logitech DFGT wheel and at the moment I have it set to 20% and it's pretty good.
My deadzone settings are at zero and the other settings are at 50%
Hope this helps,
Have fun.

Well, after trying that, I've found the the steering rack is much shorter, like before the update... But it's still not locked...

On top of that, is it just me or does the game feel a lot more arcady suddenly?

And thank you for the help!!

They added more track grip off the racing line. Before the patch the grip levels drop dramatically when you're run off the racing line which causes more understeering.

... The feeling now is better than before. Now you have a chance to alter the degree rotation just as PC users can via Profiler.

Instead of asking how to setup your wheel to get right feeling you keep saying this patch ruined your game.

I'm yet to test the saturation setup, but doesn't seem logical to me to default it to 900 degrees. Ok, they want to give people options? Do it, but don't default it to a completely unrealistic, unplayable setting. It's just not a good experience, plus 90% of people won't search in forums, they will just give up or return the game.

A console game is a controlled experience with pretty much limited hardware base, they don't need to apply the PC philosophy to a console (at least not to the level the game is unforgiving or unplayable by default, without any in-game documentation of the changes they applied)

Yes, it is pretty annoying on 0%, specially for those who don't search on forums.

But it is the only thing they can do since PS3 doesn't allow to install software of certain hardware like PC does.

The thing CM should do is implement manual with some basic tips.

Has this update fixed other stuff?

Edit. Nevermind. Just been over the forum to check. Oh boy.

Last edited:
I use a Logitech G27
Advanced wheel settings
saturation 70%
linearity 30%
all other steering settings to 0% Throttle & Brake as you wish. Also I use NO car assists just racing line on corners only

Linearity artificially slows the movement around the center of the wheel but when you approach full-lock it starts to move faster.

It helps to remove too much sensitivity on the straights.

Hello everybody.
I have a problem with my Driving Force GT wheel. After the update on the 28/10, the wheel is not turning correctly. I need to steer way to much, before the car does. If anyone else had this probelm, and found out, please help!

-Barthchester-

Back