Nismo 400R '96 -Drag

• Thread starter minedragon
  • 55 comments
Netherlands Antilles
Curacao
minedragon_
Hey guys, yesterday I got a Nismo 400R '96 from the UCD and love the car very much. I decided to tuned this car and is my first time doing a 4WD car.
I was wondering if I'm on the right track.... is a time of 10.139 any good ??

Hey guys, yesterday I got a Nismo 400R '96 from the UCD and love the car very much. I decided to tuned this car and is my first time doing a 4WD car.
I was wondering if I'm on the right track.... is a time of 10.139 any good ??

Very nice cause 400R has an awfull powerband!!!!

Wow I never had the thought to tune this car before. Gonna have to add this one to the "todo" list :lol:

Ow ok... so i guess for my first time tuning a 4WD the time is "ok" right now, but I want to reach the 9sec barrier with it but don't know if it's possible.

Please give me your opinions, good or bad so I can try to do my best tuning this car and the future 4wd cars ;)

Ow ok... so i guess for my first time tuning a 4WD the time is "ok" right now, but I want to reach the 9sec barrier with it but don't know if it's possible.

Please give me your opinions, good or bad so I can try to do my best tuning this car and the future 4wd cars ;)

I gave this car a try and your totally right kleo, this has the oddest powerband ever. I manage to get it down to a 10.079. Maybe with a bit more tweaking the 9s might be possible but I'm not 100% sure.

DSCF6370.jpg

^^^ nice..!!!

So now I know it can go a bit faster and let's hope that it could reach the 9sec mark.
Thanks "r4a2g0", i'll give mine a bit more tweaking to see where I can get it.

Anybody else ?? :cool:

^^^ nice..!!!

So now I know it can go a bit faster and let's hope that it could reach the 9sec mark.
Thanks "r4a2g0", i'll give mine a bit more tweaking to see where I can get it.

Anybody else ?? :cool:

Np minedragon. I have tweaked it a bit more and now it runs a 10.057.
Try making 2nd and 3rd gears a bit longer to remain in that powerband and shift at 7500ishRPM.

Np minedragon. I have tweaked it a bit more and now it runs a 10.057.
Try making 2nd and 3rd gears a bit longer to remain in that powerband and shift at 7500ishRPM.

Ok thanks, and you know I've noticed that by shifting earlier it runs better.
I was shifting at 7800-8000RPM, I'll give that 7500 a try and also making my 2nd and 3rd gear a bit longer

I'll let you know 👍

Its a 9s car only if the tune is so well balanced and shifts are at the point that gives the power a continously feeling!!!!
My pb was almost 9s and i mean almost cause 10.025 is almost!!!
1st/2nd shifts higher than all the other and thats a nice trick...

Ok I got to try that later after work... and for some reason I can't get past 10.110
Maybe I got something wrong, what you guys think of my suspension & lsd setup:

Ballast
0kg
+50

LSD
60/60/5 - 60/60/5

Torque Split
50/50

Suspension
Ride height: -35/15
Spring rate: 16/16.5
Dampers extension: 1/10
Dampers compression: 10/1
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/4
Camber: 0/0
Toe: 0.10/0.20

2iu99ty.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I got to try that later after work... and for some reason I can't get past 10.110
Maybe I got something wrong, what you guys think of my suspension & lsd setup:

Ballast
0kg
+50

LSD
60/60/5 - 60/60/5

Torque Split
50/50

Suspension
Ride height: -35/15
Spring rate: 16/16.5
Dampers extension: 1/10
Dampers compression: 10/1
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/4
Camber: 0/0
Toe: 0.10/0.20

img0773n.jpg

Try to find the shifting points in every gear man
It makes a difference!!!!

Try 45-55 torque split and lose the toe....

My time got a lot better once the toe was all 0.0. Its what gave me that little bit from .079 to .057.

I didnt try shifting 1st and 2nd gears higher. When I get on the game ill give it a shot and see what I get. Getting a 9.999 is going to be quite a challenge for me.

minedragon. Try making your front camber extension 10. Less lift up front in a AWD will help your time a bit.

Awesome tips guys... I'll try them just before I go to work.
one thing I've noticed is that every time I raise my top speed (up right) by changing my final gear ratio I get a better time.

The first time I had it at 145mph till right now I got it at 158mph, I don't know if it should be a little bit more but I'll get my best shot at where I am right now

Ok, I try the tips of you guys and get a time of 10.107
It's an improvement, and I'll be working on it till I can enter or get near enough the 9s mark

My top speed is at 163mph. I'm gonna try it at 166mph to see how that works for it.

15-20 min

Its a headcase to get that car juuuuuustt at 9s. You had no room for erra

Once you've tuned as many cars as some of us have, you can literally throw down a base tune on a car you've never run and already be within .0X of the leaderboards. After that it's just tinkering and trial & error. There's no magical tuning method to make the cars exceedingly fast - just a knowledge of what each setting on the suspension does & the way the transmission works.

Master__Shake_
Once you've tuned as many cars as some of us have, you can literally throw down a base tune on a car you've never run and already be within .0X of the leaderboards. After that it's just tinkering and trial & error. There's no magical tuning method to make the cars exceedingly fast - just a knowledge of what each setting on the suspension does & the way the transmission works.

Yuuuup... That's basically it..

Well put Shake, I spend about 20 minutes max on 98% of my cars these days.

Well put Shake, I spend about 20 minutes max on 98% of my cars these days.

On the few cars I've tuned lately, I refuse to spend more than a half hour just because I know I'll never run half of them. The few I do, when I do, get used for a few runs then put back away because everyone brings out the GTRs & ACRs.

On the few cars I've tuned lately, I refuse to spend more than a half hour just because I know I'll never run half of them. The few I do, when I do, get used for a few runs then put back away because everyone brings out the GTRs & ACRs.

Aint that the truth!!!!

I spen so much time just trying to find a room that isint filled with those same old cars. I cant wait for the communtiy to get tired of the gtr like I have.

Back