1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

In 1988, Nissan launched a limited 10,000 unit run of its homologated Nissan Micra Superturbo featured the highly advanced sequential compound charged (supercharger plus turbocharger) engine in an all-aluminium straight-4 930 cc 8-valve 4-cylinder Nissan MA MA09ERT unit that produced 110 hp at 6400 rpm. This car came with either a 3-speed aoutomatic or 5-speed manual gearbox with viscous limited slip differential, as well as options such as air conditioning and electric mirrors. The Micra Superturbo still holds the crown for the fastest production Micra in Nissan's history, with factory performance figures of 7.7 seconds to go from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) and 15.5 seconds to run a quarter mile. It has a top speed of 180 km/h (112 mph).

Powertrain: 930 cc , stright-4 , turbo & supercharger, 110 hp / 6400 rpm , 130 Nm / 4800 rpm , 5-speed manual gearbox

Dimensions: Lenght 3745 mm, Width 1560 mm, Height 1394 mm , Weight 740 kg

Performance: Top speed 180 km/h , 0-100 km/h 7,7 Seconds

Other suggestions of Nissan
Fairlady Z432 '69 , 2400GT Sedan '71 , Sunny 1200GX-5 '72 , Cherry Coupe X-1R '73 , Sunny Excellent 1600GX Coupe '76 , Auster 1800 GT Coupe '80 , Laurel (C31) 4D HT 2000 Turbo Medalist '82 , Skyline (R30) Sedan 2000 Turbo RS '83 , Skyline "Iron Mask" Coupe '85 , Sunny RZ-1 1600 TC Nismo '87 , Cedric (Y31)GT SV HT '89 , Pulsar 1.6 Turbo '15

Last edited:
I owned the March SuperTurbo in Gran Turismo 2, and it was a quick little car. When fully tuned right, It kept up with V8 sports cars with 300+hp (Corvettes, SVT Mustangs, etc.). Even in stock form, it kept up with several larger 1.5 to 2-Liter FWD cars (Civics, Neons, etc.), especially in the corners.

I think this JDM Hot Hatch deserved to stay in GT, but it was removed in GT3. I would love to have the March SuperTurbo back for GT6 or even GT7.

I owned the March SuperTurbo in Gran Turismo 2, and it was a quick little car. When fully tuned right, It kept up with V8 sports cars with 300+hp (Corvettes, SVT Mustangs, etc.). Even in stock form, it kept up with several larger 1.5 to 2-Liter FWD cars (Civics, Neons, etc.), especially in the corners.

I think this JDM Hot Hatch deserved to stay in GT, but it was removed in GT3. I would love to have the March SuperTurbo back for GT6 or even GT7.
Yes, it's was a very fun car to drive, along with Toyota Starlet Turbo '86 it has give me the gold in many races in GT2 :P

The 1989 Nissan March SuperTurbo was the first street-legal supermini (B-Segment, or Subcompact Car) to use twin-charging (uses both a supercharger and turbocharger in order to minimise Turbo Lag).

However, the first car(s) ever to use Twin-Charging was the 1985 Lancia Delta S4 Group B Rally Car and it's limited-production street-legal counterpart, the Lancia S4 Stradale (of which 200 were made specifically for FIA Group B homologation).

...a Micra that came with a twincharger system and a limited-slip differential from the factory?

What the hell happened to Nissan after the mid-90s?

Yep that's true :)

It's not only Nissan that stopped do fun cars after the 90s , nearly all automakers had a fun car in the catalog :)

Voted 'cuz the name. SuperTurbo!!:bowdown: Man talk 'bout heroic name. Imagine telling your beer buddies your ride's a SuperTurbo!! Your Turbo's so super, it's a SuperTurbo!! Hahahaha I can get enough of this!! {rolls around floor laughing} :D:lol:

Voted. I would scrap all other Micra models in the game just to get this one. Premium if possible.
I'm happy this has over 60 likes. You don't see cars like this in games anymore so I think it deserves a place in GT7
Thanks for vote :) Yes, I also think this would be a nice premium car to GT6 or GT7 but we can only hope :)

Yep that's true :)

It's not only Nissan that stopped do fun cars after the 90s , nearly all automakers had a fun car in the catalog :)
The 2 most known for making crazy cars before the 90's were Abarth and Lancia
th

th

When your engine doesn't fit in your car, you know you've got an Abarth

Latest Posts

Back