Nissan March NISMO S 2013

• Thread starter Neddo
  • 13 comments
maxresdefault.jpg
130701_GHQ_NISMO-8776.jpg
nissan-reveals-micra-nismo-and-nismo-s-photo-gallery_10.jpg
06-25-2013-07-2013-Nissan-March-Nismo-and-Nismo-S.jpg

Nismo S has 116 HP and 156 Nm
Nissan has launched Nismo variants of the recently facelifted March (aka Micra).

The base March Nismo comes with the same 1.2-liter gasoline engine mated to an XTRONIC CVT, while the Nismo S makes use of a specially-tuned 1.5-liter mill linked to a five-speed manual gearbox. The latter generates an additional 37 HP (27 kW) and 50 Nm (37 lb-ft) in comparison to the 1.2-liter, producing a total of 116 HP (85 kW) and 156 Nm (115 lb-ft) of torque.

The Nissan March Nismo S also benefits from a bespoke exhaust system, customized suspension, different brake system and faster gear changes. Body rigidity has also been improved, while standard wheels were replaced by 16-inch alloys shod in Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 205/45 R16 tires.

The body kit brings new bumpers, front grille, side sill protectors, red exterior mirrors and LED daytime running lights. Nissan is offering three exterior colors to choose from: Pure Black, Brilliant Silver and Brilliant White Pearl. The interior cabin gains an Alcantara-wrapped steering wheel, 220 km/h speedometer, bucket seats, custom shift knob, piano black trim and special pedals.

Already available on order, the Nissan March Nismo will go on sale in Japan this December. For the moment it's not known whether the Micra will get a similar version.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/113062559262/2013-nissan-march-nismo-and-nismo-s-announced

While this sounds like a fun little nugget, I wish Nissan brought back the March Super Turbo platform this time. The Super Turbo platform would make so much sense with this car and could even give the Mini Cooper S JCW a hiding.

I had a stock standard 1987 Corolla with more power than this, which would have weighed probably 300kgs less, and cost me $3k back in 2006. This little pos doesn't deserve the nismo badge. A stock yaris would flog it...

It's a Nissan March, what do you expect?

From a Nissan March, not much more than that.
From a Nismo, on the other hand, I expect a at least a little more power than the standard versions. Otherwise, it's just a regular commuter with silly aero bits, taking advantage of the Nismo brand. Like Ferrari aftershave...

...As the good folks above have stated already, this car is underpowered, no doubt about that. I don't know the logic behind such a move, so I won't speculate...

All I can say for now, is that I didn't really expect a Fiesta ST rivaling power output from it but since this has a 1.5, a small-ish turbo might have easily push it past 150+ horses. That's all...:indiff:

Well, it is still more powerful than the current, premium March 12SR, but given that the difference is insignificant, I probably wouldn't waste time modeling another March - even if maintained by Nismo.

...As the good folks above have stated already, this car is underpowered, no doubt about that. I don't know the logic behind such a move, so I won't speculate...

All I can say for now, is that I didn't really expect a Fiesta ST rivaling power output from it but since this has a 1.5, a small-ish turbo might have easily push it past 150+ horses. That's all...:indiff:
Considering the brand, I would expect no less than 140 ponies on this one - definitely underpowered. On the other hand, I have seen how big the HR15DE engine on photos is - there probably isn't enough room to fit small turbocharger. But I'll leave that to experts to judge. :P

Yeah , I'm thought that it was around 140-160 hp from the Nismo version but 116 is not bad.... I hope it's faster than my 626 GLX from 1985 it has around 105 hp and have a weight on 1050 kg, if this Nismo isn't faster that's bad... :indiff:

Glad to see Nissan makes Nismo models of cars that aren't the Juke. Too bad we don't get these here.

If anything, couldn't they use a smaller engine, but turbocharge it? Might make more power than the current 1.5.

Latest Posts

Back