Nissan Pulsar (N15) Serie VZ-R N1 1997

United States
Florida
GranTurismo0517
RandomCarGuy17
The Pulsar Serie is a car that really hasn't been featured in that many racing games. With that said, I wanted to suggest the VZ-R N1 model for Gran Turismo again. I miss it from GT2 and it would be great if the Honda Civic Type R had a JDM rival to race against as well.

1997-Nissan-Pulsar-Serie-VZ-R-N1_01.jpg

5832738432_bb782479ba_z.jpg

1997-Nissan-Pulsar_Serie-VZ-R_N1_05.jpg

1997-Nissan-Pulsar_Serie-VZ-R_N1_04.jpg

Specs:
Engine - 1.6L SR16VE N1 DOHC Inline 4
Drivetrain - Front Engine, FWD
Transmission - 5-Speed MT
Weight - 2469 lbs (1120 kg)
Power - 173 hp (129 kw) @7800 rpm
Torque - 118 ft-lb (161 Nm) @7200 rpm

Link(s):
http://j-spec.com.au/featured/1997-Nissan-Pulsar_Serie-VZ-R_N1-15302.html
http://www.carinf.com/en/008049998.html

Links to my other Nissan suggestions:
R390 GT1 LM Race Car '97
R390 GT1 LM Race Car '98
Castrol Nissan Primera JTCC '94
Skyline GT-R (KPGC10) '70
Skyline GTS-R (R31) '87
Calsonic Skyline GT-R Race Car '90

Last edited:
A slight update in the OP has been made with a new description on why I exactly want the car and I added a couple new pictures along with a video about the car. I'm also adding pictures and another video in this post.

Here's what it looked like in GT2, though this screenshot seems to be from the PAL version since it's being called an "Almera". The NTSC version still calls it a "Pulsar".
latest

1997-Nissan-Pulsar_Serie-VZ-R_N1_07.jpg

588221533a5545250149l.jpg

This is a nice Pulsar. Voted! 👍

The Almera has an different bumper and will therefore, need an sepparate page. Considering to create an thread for Almera GTi in a few minutes.

This is a nice Pulsar. Voted! 👍

The Almera has an different bumper and will therefore, need an sepparate page. Considering to create an thread for Almera GTi in a few minutes.
Errr Harsk, I wouldn't do that if I were you. I'm just saying, creating multiple threads on similar cars is kinda frowned upon to some people on this site. I mean, it's like suggesting a premium model of the US-Spec Mazda MX-5 Miata only to suggest the JDM Version a few minutes later; it's not going to look good to others. Once again, just saying.

Errr Harsk, I wouldn't do that if I were you. I'm just saying, creating multiple threads on similar cars is kinda frowned upon to some people on this site. I mean, it's like suggesting a premium model of the US-Spec Mazda MX-5 Miata only to suggest the JDM Version a few minutes later; it's not going to look good to others. Once again, just saying.
But look, you have to understand that some cars have name differences and even different bumpers.

For example:
Mitsubishi 3000 GT
3000GT= Europe & USA
GTO= Asia

Mazda MX-5
MX-5= Europe
Miata= USA
Eunos Roadster= Asia
Roadster= Asia

Nissan SX
180SX= Asia
200SX= Europe
240SX= USA

Nissan N15
Almera= Europe
Pulsar= Asia

But look, you have to understand that some cars have name differences and even different bumpers.

I do understand, but those differences are not going to matter to a lot of people though and will just see them as duplicates. Especially if the differences aren't significant enough. A car with different bumpers from the same car in another region isn't that significant. Once again, I'm not telling you to stop what you're doing; I'm just saying it's not the best action to take.

I do understand, but those differences are not going to matter to a lot of people though and will just see them as duplicates. Especially if the differences aren't significant enough. A car with different bumpers from the same car in another region isn't that significant. Once again, I'm not telling you to stop what you're doing; I'm just saying it's not the best action to take.
OK, But we should have divided cars with names by game versions like GT3.

For example, in GT4:
PAL version European:
Lexus IS200 '98
Lexus IS300 Sportcross '01
Lexus GS300 '00

NTSC-J:
Toyota Altezza RS200 '98
Toyota Altezza Gita '98
Toyota Aristo V300 '00

OK, But we should have divided cars with names by game versions like GT3.

For example, in GT4:
PAL version European:
Lexus IS200 '98
Lexus IS300 Sportcross '01
Lexus GS300 '00

NTSC-J:
Toyota Altezza RS200 '98
Toyota Altezza Gita '98
Toyota Aristo V300 '00[/Q
That worked in the older games, but we kinda don't need that anymore. It would just be a waste of time for PD to alter premium models to put different badges on them. I honestly rather if they just model whatever regional version of a car they want to model and be done with it.

I mean, it's like suggesting a premium model of the US-Spec Mazda MX-5 Miata only to suggest the JDM Version a few minutes later

This is what Harsk's literally doing with MX-5s and GTO/3000GTs, as well as the TR-XX. And this is despite he's campaigning for trim options literally almost everywhere here. :rolleyes:

That worked in the older games, but we kinda don't need that anymore. It would just be a waste of time for PD to alter premium models to put different badges on them. I honestly rather if they just model whatever regional version of a car they want to model and be done with it.

Besides, version-specific badging stopped being useful awhile ago due to emergence of network/online play; that would have created border between online players of different regions (just my theory 💡).

This is what Harsk's literally doing with MX-5s and GTO/3000GTs, as well as the TR-XX. And this is despite he's campaigning for trim options literally almost everywhere here. :rolleyes:
Not only just for trim options, but also what the duplicates should be in premium form, because most of them are incorrect. For example, an 200SX S13 is labeled as 1996 when its production actually finished in 1994; SR Limited was produced under Eunos Roadster and not MX-5 and Miata.

Back